All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-05-2004, 06:55 AM

ybrik is on a distinguished road
Inbox Messages on Memcard

Hello guys, I just had transferred my messages from phone memory to memcard and formatted my N6600. Now, I had reverted it back to phone memory and all incoming messages are saved in the phone memory. Now, how would I transfer the messages saved in my memcard to phone memory?

Old 21-05-2004, 08:50 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
The default setting is for messages to be in phone memory. Immediately after formatting, change the "memory in use" back to the "memory card" & all your messages that were there should reappear.

Then change it back to "phone memory", and they're moved from the MMC to the phone.

Old 25-05-2004, 06:25 AM

ybrik is on a distinguished road
ayt, thanks mate!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A
The default setting is for messages to be in phone memory. Immediately after formatting, change the "memory in use" back to the "memory card" & all your messages that were there should reappear.

Then change it back to "phone memory", and they're moved from the MMC to the phone.

Old 01-06-2004, 07:42 AM

Em1 is on a distinguished road
Is there any way for messages to be stored on the Simcard (like on earlier phone models). I ask because I am becoming frustrated at not being able to receive messages on my PDA when "bluetoothed" with my 6600. Any software upgrade? Anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A

Old 03-06-2004, 09:25 AM
editbureau

ybrik,

Hi there, i have a nokia 3660. how do you manage to move the Messages from "Phone Memory" to your "Memory card?" hope you ca help me.

Another thing, the reason why i want to move my messages from my "Phone Memory" to " Memory Card" is that someone messed up my security code. I need to reformat it, thats why i need to move all my messages anf my folders to MMC>

thanks,

jeff