AnotherGuest has released an early beta of PicoDrive - the Sega Mega Drive emulator.It needs to be installed on the MMC and ROMS need to be stored in the root of any drive - C:\ or E:\ .Some things like key configuration might not work and it might crash more then once but what more can you expect from a Beta?PicoDrive S60 is attached.
Latest is PicoDrive S60 build 152,version 0.16
Changes in build 103:
* Right colours in 16bit mode.
* Flipped mode.. (press '9' to activate back and forth).
* Reconfigure keys.. (press '8' to configure'.. follow on screen instructions)
* Added DSA support (pressing application button might crash the whole thing).But should speed things up.
* Might have activated multiple button support. So that should make it playable. (i.e jump and run at the same time).
* Pressing 9 will flip the screen, 8 will reconfigre keys. after pressing 8, press up, down, left, right, b,c,a,start to configure those buttons.
Changes in build 973:
*Exit emulator pressing 'C' button (clear button that is)
*Save keyconfig & screen orientation
*Runs from any drive you might choose (that is should work for 7650 users now).
*Simple filebrowser added. No way to go up a directory but you should be able to organise your roms a little bit better.
*Clipping of blitted images. Portrait should be a littlebit faster as the blit is smaller.
*Able to return to emulator from the main app at least once.
*Removed some crashes regarding to the DSA.
*Using Daves latest PICO backend.
This build only works on the Nokia 7650 but i'm pretty sure we can expect a fix for al the other Series 60 devices pretty soon.
Build 973 will work in installed on C:\.Problem is fixed in build 180.
Changes in build 213:
* Added 12 color bit depth CRAM routine. This should make 12 bit devices update a bit faster.
* Added a menu to Load Rom, Configure keys and set Screen modes. Press 'C' button to swap between the emulator and the menu
* Added closing of starter app when exe dies.
* Added another rotate fullscreen mode, so you n-gage owners dont have any thumbs in the way.
* Added CompressAllHeaps before loading the ROM. That means that a basic 3650 can load 2mb roms straight off without any problems.
Changes in build 213:
* New aspect ratios in order to improve gameplay for N-Gage users.
Changes in build 196:
*Removed default keys, so only the ones you configure are used(default set configured as previous)
*Added go up level in directory navigation.
Changes in build 116,version 0.11:
* Support for zipped ROMS
* Recomendations: Store 1 smd/bin file in to each zip. It will load the first smd/bin file in the zip it will find.
Changes in build 137,version 0.12:
* Last rom location persisted.
* Added support for 32 column mode (removes the black borders in Street Fighter 2 Turbo etc).
* Some other small fixes.
* Added filtering of files, so only .bin,.smd & .zip files are displayed in the listings.
Changes in build 133,version 0.13
* DSA is back.
* Preliminary Sound support for games using the 68K processor.No Z80 emulation.
* In order for sound to work,you need to uninstall the previons version of PicoDrive an maybe delete the its .INI files.
Changes in build 106,version 0.14
* Added volume control
* DSA tweaking
* Improved performance and stability
Changes in build 152,version 0.16
* Diagonal keys support
* New version of GCC (should run a little bit faster)
PicoDrive S60 build 269
PicoDrive S60 build 201
PicoDrive S60 build 103
PicoDrive S60 build 973
PicoDrive S60 build 180
PicoDrive S60 build 119
PicoDrive S60 build 213
PicoDrive S60 build 196
PicoDrive S60 build 116.Version 0.11
PicoDrive S60 build 137.Version 0.12
PicoDrive S60 build 133.Version 0.13
PicoDrive S60 build 106.Version 0.14
PicoDrive S60 build 152.Version 0.16