All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-05-2004, 11:53 AM

gigimix is on a distinguished road
White screen with movies in a daylight!!!!!

This is the problem: it is impossible to record a movie, with the communicorder, in a daylight situation also with the outdoor setting! i triyed with every settings but the result is always an oversxposed movie!!! For example in a summer daylight the result is a movie totally white!! i must record in a shadow situation to see something!! Oddly with the single shot photo mode, using the outdoor setting, works fine!!! I have just updated the phone with the last software on support site.
no one complain for this problem, is a defect of mine p900?
help!
Thanks and sorry for my English!
Ads

Old 08-05-2004, 07:09 PM

lotus49 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimix
This is the problem: it is impossible to record a movie, with the communicorder, in a daylight situation also with the outdoor setting! i triyed with every settings but the result is always an oversxposed movie!!! For example in a summer daylight the result is a movie totally white!! i must record in a shadow situation to see something!! Oddly with the single shot photo mode, using the outdoor setting, works fine!!! I have just updated the phone with the last software on support site.
help!
I don't know what's wrong with your phone, but mine works very well. I get the best results outdoors. When I film indoors the refresh rate drops if it's at all dark.

Does the video recording work indoors?

Old 13-05-2004, 04:28 PM
P900 user :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimix
help!
-----
I had the same problem before and I solved it by turning off the flicker free option. Go to preferences in your camera mode, in the Flicker Free option, select off. Hope that helps.

P900 user.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:08 AM
G-hun

Cool

I don't know the reason why this happens but you can solve this by going to Preferences on CommuniCorder menu in camera mode and selecting Default. Hope this helps...