All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-04-2004, 04:41 PM

Kajjy is on a distinguished road
Synchronization error

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the 6600, having got it about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, due to my tendency to experiment a lot, one of the things that I try to do regularly is backing up. I've been having some problems however...and I'm hoping that someone here could point me to the solution.

I've synced the 6600 once before when there was no MMC card present. That back up went OK but my subsequent attempts to backup the phone, this time with the MMC present (and programs stored in it). All the subsequent back up gave me the one same error

I checked the status of the file in question, this "HALdata.dat" using SeleQ but the read-only status is OFF. When I cancel and then attempt to backup again, the backup then completes without any error. Every time I try this, this error occurs (I copy the original backup files, call them "Backup 1" and replace the backup files that are present AFTER the error occur with "Backup 1" - I'm assuming here that this puts the backup state to the state that it was right after my 1st and only successful backup)

The thing is that I'm not sure why the second backup attempt after the error took place always results in an error-free sync while the first attempt always results in the same error - did it skip the file to make the synchronization successful?

Thanks for all your inputs.
Ads

Old 26-04-2004, 03:15 AM

Kajjy is on a distinguished road
Just an update. I manage to backup with no errors when I take out the MMC and backup separately, i.e., Backup the phone normally without the MMC and then copying the content of the MMC onto the PC manually through a card reader. Don't know how that's gonna do when I restore it though

Will keep you all posted.