All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Antonio

Email Viewer (Reqwireless) won't install...

Sorry if this issue has been dealt with before, but on a quite-thorough search I could not find reply to my problem, so here it goes - see if someone could help me.

I'm looking for an eMail application for the 6600. Many months ago I downloaded a trial version of Reqwireless' EmailViewer onto the smartphone, but could not try it appropriately due to GPRS problems with my service provider.

I unistalled the application (using the 6600 manager), and now -when I try to reinstall it- cannot succeed.
I download the application .jad and .jar files from a number of places (including Reqwireless); bluetooth these to the 6600 and when the installation process begin, it "seems" to be installing (I get all the prompts, answer thems, choose MMC, replace old version (seems to be "there" still)), but when finished ("installation completed"), and look for the icon to start the application, there's no icon nor application at all...!

I must be doing something wrong, I'm sure, but this is driving me mad... I'm ready to buy the application, but first I wish to make sure it works !

I cted Reqwireless who insist on telling me the 6600 must have placed the files somewhere... (honestly, I can't find them), and I CAN'T uninstall anything since..., there's nothing to uninstall....!!

What should I do with the .jad and .jar files ? where should I install them, from where should I dowload them to try and then buy the application ?+

Is there any other eMail application worth the investment ?

Your assitance will be highly aprecciated.
Rgds. to all,

Antonio
Spain

Old 29-03-2004, 03:17 PM

UIQNewsBot is on a distinguished road
''Universal'' Tracker Skins: FREE Icon Settings Pack

''Universal'' Tracker Skins: Icon settings pack to get new Universal skin users up and running quickly

View the Link
Ads

Old 29-03-2004, 04:55 PM

REALIS is on a distinguished road
Install the demo of AppMan from www.symbianware.com
Start it up. Go to installed applications.
Check for any trash files (leftover files from software previously uninstalled/deleted - they also have a nice trash icon next to them). Delete those. A restart wouldn't harm. And try the install again.
With a little luck you should find the trash files left behind by that previous version so...
Good luck!