All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-03-2004, 10:30 PM

Shidgoose is on a distinguished road
Choose where to save WAV

Okay I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes...

When I upload a wave file to my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth, I just get the message with the attachment. I can open it and listen to it, then press options and choose "Save". Then it automaticaly starts saving it to my phone memory. I dont really like that, because I have to move them to my MMC every time... I'm pretty sure there must be a dialog to choose the folder, but I dont get it... or an option to change the default destination. Could someone please tell me what I'm overlooking.

btw, I allready did a search but couldnt find anything...

thanks

Old 27-03-2004, 01:30 PM

badger is on a distinguished road
Dont just send the file via Bluetooth. Use the Nokia Pc Suite or Epocware Filemanager and put the file into which ever folder on the phone or MMC you choose.

Old 29-03-2004, 10:49 PM

Shidgoose is on a distinguished road
I tried Nokia PC Suite and I cant get it to work... know a guide that will tell me step by step how to use it ?! Just cant figure it out, and from what I've read I'm not the only one....
Ads

Old 30-03-2004, 02:44 PM

freedom is on a distinguished road
i have finally got mine working. i noticed that when i turned on my laptop, the phone tried to connect. this means that i can only connect to pc suit if i restart my computer

Old 01-04-2004, 05:44 PM

Vamp is on a distinguished road
Hi Freedom, no need to restart PC/laptop.

If your phone Bluetooth is on and you have installed Nokia PC suite properly, this will work:

At the Bluetooth or Explorer window, after discovering all Bluetooth devices in "Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood", right-click the 6600 icon and select "Connect Bluetooth Serial Port". A resulting error box will appear but after that, the Bluetooth connection will be established. Sometimes you may need to select the "Connect Bluetooth Serial Port" a few time b4 the connection is established.

Don't really understand why but it works for me everytime.

Old 02-04-2004, 01:38 AM

ybrik is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidgoose
Okay I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes...

When I upload a wave file to my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth, I just get the message with the attachment. I can open it and listen to it, then press options and choose "Save". Then it automaticaly starts saving it to my phone memory. I dont really like that, because I have to move them to my MMC every time... I'm pretty sure there must be a dialog to choose the folder, but I dont get it... or an option to change the default destination. Could someone please tell me what I'm overlooking.

btw, I allready did a search but couldnt find anything...

thanks
hi Shidgoose,
If you have enough space in your MMC, try to go to menu-extras-recorder-options-settings. And choose "MEMORY CARD" in the Memory in use field.
I this way, all your .wav files received via bluetooth will be automatically saved to your MMC.
HTH!