All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-03-2004, 10:10 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
3gp and mp4 encoder

Just thought you all might be interested in a new piece of software i found that converts video files (and audio i think) into 3gp and mp4.

The software is called mpegable x4 live and a demo version of the software is available from here

Ive played around with the settings and so far i think its the best 3gp encoder ive used yet. The picture quality seems loads better than that of video created with Nokia's MMC or PV PLayer. But maybe thats just my opinion.

Unfortuantely its not freeware, but i dont think it is that expensive (cant remember off the top of me head).

Leave your comments and thoughts on the software here please, so as to make the forum tidier.

SAbz

Last edited by SAbz911; 24-03-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Old 24-03-2004, 10:28 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Optimum settings:

1) Under Input and Output, select the file required and the destination you wish to save the encoded file.
2) Under Encoding Profile, select 'Mobile Devices (3GPP compliant)' and click apply setting.
3) Now click the 'Image Processing' tab, and click the setup button next to 'Cropping/Resizing' and ensure that the QCIF option on the right is checked.
4) Then click the 'Video Processing' tab, select 'User Defined' under 'Target Framerate' and set it to 20Hz
5) Click back onto the 'Basic 1/0' tab and click the record button.
6) Wait about 1-10 minutes, depending on the file length and voila!

If anyone else finds they have better video or audio quality, or a smaller filesize with other settings, please let me know

SAbz

Old 25-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Well,its not new P800 users seem to like it a lot.I tested it once or twice and it crashed a lot so a gave up Since you recommend it i'll try it again but i don't think anything can beat SmartMovie right now(Mobiclip )

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 30-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Phonemate

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911
Optimum settings:

1) Under Input and Output, select the file required and the destination you wish to save the encoded file.
2) Under Encoding Profile, select 'Mobile Devices (3GPP compliant)' and click apply setting.
3) Now click the 'Image Processing' tab, and click the setup button next to 'Cropping/Resizing' and ensure that the QCIF option on the right is checked.
4) Then click the 'Video Processing' tab, select 'User Defined' under 'Target Framerate' and set it to 20Hz
5) Click back onto the 'Basic 1/0' tab and click the record button.
6) Wait about 1-10 minutes, depending on the file length and voila!

If anyone else finds they have better video or audio quality, or a smaller filesize with other settings, please let me know

SAbz

Old 10-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Videotrix

Thumbs up

i am using the x4 live already for a long time. i have not found anything that is better. absolutely worth getting the full version; they even lowered the price to 19 euros now ...

Old 10-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I would've trusted you if you haven't posted it in every possible forum.Stinks like an advert.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 15-06-2004, 04:05 PM

Matthew13 is on a distinguished road
I'm having torouble with this software. When I record a video, although it shows the output as being longer than 10 seconds when I actually click on it after its done it finishes after 10 - 15 seconds. What have a done wrong?

Thanks for any help in advance
Ads