All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-03-2004, 09:33 PM

Fash is on a distinguished road
Problem With Themes Menu!! ---please Help!!!

hi, im new here, but theres a problem with my 6600 when i try to get into the THEMES, from the menu, the menu screen goes empty for a second, then it takes me back to the main menu. i cant get into my themes, to change it.

PLEASE help me,

ive tried turning my fone off.......taking the battery out......but thats about it.

Ive got alot of Themes, but its never been a problem before.

PLZ HELP!!!

thx

Old 16-03-2004, 10:12 PM

Yourmum90 is on a distinguished road
Help Granted

Have you just signed up to get the question ansewed and once it comes to our questions you will just ignore them. Lol

Soz it just anoys me when u get no replys.

Anyway try using the Fexplor to delate some.

Did you install one and then it stoped working????

Old 16-03-2004, 10:58 PM

2 be honest wid u YES, i did sign up to get help, but once i browsed through the different topics and sections of the site, i wud say im kinda addicted, theres alot of useful information on this site, that u cudnt really get anywhere else.

and in responce 2 ur question, no they all worked fine, but just a couple days ago, mr.6600 decided not to let me into the THEMES section.

Not sure of wot 2 do.

any more suggestions??

Old 16-03-2004, 11:03 PM

ozy1905 is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem I had hard formatted my phone but it didn't change and then I erased the theme AEBlue and AEblack then everything is normal now They are good themes but suddenly they started to make this problems to me.
(PS: May be there can be other reasons of this problem, I don't mean that AEfox's themes break down your phone, don't get me wrong )

Old 18-03-2004, 06:47 PM

hey thanx ALOT man, it was the AEFOXPRO that was messin it up, damn it was a real good theme aswell!!

thx alot for ur help/
Ads

Old 18-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Simon@Telecom1

Hi.
I had exactly the same problem, I am an IT Technician so was quite interested as to what was wrong with my phone.
It appears that the AE themes pack a little extra surprise other than making you phone look good.
The .sis file launches another 'hidden' program, rather like a Trogan on a PC does.
This program appears to request the IMEI number from the phone and another number string which I think is the SIM's ID24 code. It then attempts, on the phones next GPRS connection, to pass this file onto an IP address (registered to a name with the initial A.E.F).
With these 2 pieces of information it is possible to 'clone' a mobile phone, steal it's identity and make calls and GPRS connection with the bill going to the contract holder of the cloned phone.

There is a bug in the code which makes the themes no loner work once the file has been passed I guess, or it could be done on purpose to make the victim reinstall his phone & themes thus clearing the phone of any evidence.

Of course I may be wrong, my phone is currently in the hands of an IT investigator who will be making a full report of the actions of this trogan as I fear this may be correct.

I shall print their findings here.

Simon

Old 18-03-2004, 07:58 PM

ozy1905 is on a distinguished road
Thanks man really, i will be waiting the results of the reports...

Old 18-03-2004, 08:12 PM

coolice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon@Telecom1
Hi.
I had exactly the same problem, I am an IT Technician so was quite interested as to what was wrong with my phone.
It appears that the AE themes pack a little extra surprise other than making you phone look good.
The .sis file launches another 'hidden' program, rather like a Trogan on a PC does.
This program appears to request the IMEI number from the phone and another number string which I think is the SIM's ID24 code. It then attempts, on the phones next GPRS connection, to pass this file onto an IP address (registered to a name with the initial A.E.F).
With these 2 pieces of information it is possible to 'clone' a mobile phone, steal it's identity and make calls and GPRS connection with the bill going to the contract holder of the cloned phone.

There is a bug in the code which makes the themes no loner work once the file has been passed I guess, or it could be done on purpose to make the victim reinstall his phone & themes thus clearing the phone of any evidence.

Of course I may be wrong, my phone is currently in the hands of an IT investigator who will be making a full report of the actions of this trogan as I fear this may be correct.

Simon
Hi,

Please make a through investigation into these theories and let us know.

The reason I say this is that this guy is a very respected person around this forum for his theme work and I, along with everyone else, would hope that he would never implement something like this in a theme he has made.
Any accusations need to be backed up 100% with hard facts.
Especially as he now sells themes.

Ian

Old 18-03-2004, 10:41 PM

willbrady is on a distinguished road
I find this very hard to believe?
Foxy on the fiddle, naa.

Is what Simon says possible, anyone know?

Will

Old 19-03-2004, 10:32 PM

ivy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon@Telecom1
Hi.

Simon
I also had the same problem with AE Themes, especially with AEPRO theme.
I have used UnmakeSIS program to inspect the .sis file but did not find any "extra" file rather than the 2 usual .mbm and .skn files packed in the .sis. Don't know if those types of file could hide inside trojan codes or not !

Old 23-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Unregistered69

Red face it was only a matter of time before someone figured out how to violate the phone

it was only a matter of time before someone figured out how to violate the phone and send your info via wire less