All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-09-2002, 05:18 PM

ZED is on a distinguished road
Nokia 9210 Error for Fax & Other Issues !!!

My communicatior 9210 does not receive fax despite I have all the services enabled by my service provider (Cellular Phone Company). This started happening immediately after the upgradtion of the phone software to Version 4.13(6)

On pressing the "Write Fax" under the messaging option it gives me the following errors

Fax Cover Page Template is missing
This message disappears on pressing "Esc" key and the screen where you give the fax number and other information, comes up. On finishing or writing the fax then it does send the fax to Outbox but start giving another following errors.

"Application Closed"
Application MsvServer
Reason Code : USER
Reason Number 44

Messaging Centre must now exit
The Messaging Server has closed

Server has been closedThis message pops up frequently afterwards.

Another issue for which I need your help is that Office Applications are not available when I change the MMC along with other option like Video Recorder, etc. How can I restore the entire system options on MMC of 64MB and the use the MMC of 16 MB as data card.

If I need to reinstall the software, what files are required to ensure that system restore process go smooth. What is latest PC software available and from should I download the same for synchronization of phone unit my PC running Windows XP Professional.

Please advise the process of removing the above-mentioned issues step by step. Kindly note that I want to restore the Nokia Software not the operating system to resolve the problems being faced.

Also advise some shareware software sites from where I can download the software for Nokia 9210 especially I am looking for Bank Account Management and Car Maintenance Software.

Your help in this regard by this newbie will be highly appreciated.

Cheers !!!

Old 11-09-2002, 06:50 PM

upponalle is on a distinguished road
Let's do this one by one

Overall try installing these to "famous" Nokia sis files Nokiadata & NokiaMemorycard, to start with.

Fax:
Try sending a fax to yourself. I had a similar problem after upgrading to 4.13. At least this worked for me.

MMC:
Use the PC suite for backup (no reliable) or try to get hold of a card reader.
You could use the 64 MB card and then reinstall everything. So you have a clean card. If you still have something on the 16 MB card -> card reader or do some painfully copying to C and reinsert 64 MB card and paste (I guess you figure that out yourself )

Software
Why don't you start on this lovely site. This should give you some overview of all the available software. Other good overview site is My-Communicator.com.
As for the banking software, try RMRBank from ww.rmrsoft.com (shareware) or if you like freeware there is ABP from www.freepoc.org .
About the car software, RMR has something called RMRCar, if you'd like a seperate one, but it is included in RMR Bank.

HTH,

Tilman

Old 09-11-2002, 10:57 PM

Re: Nokia 9210 Error for Fax & Other Issues !!!

Hi ZED,

It seems that I have the same problem with my fax, it is not an operator issue! I could fax without any problem from my 9110i but this 9210 gives me some problems. I can recieve faxes tho.

Did you already had a fix to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED
My communicatior 9210 does not receive fax despite I have all the services enabled by my service provider (Cellular Phone Company). This started happening immediately after the upgradtion of the phone software to Version 4.13(6)

On pressing the "Write Fax" under the messaging option it gives me the following errors

Fax Cover Page Template is missing
This message disappears on pressing "Esc" key and the screen where you give the fax number and other information, comes up. On finishing or writing the fax then it does send the fax to Outbox but start giving another following errors.

"Application Closed"
Application MsvServer
Reason Code : USER
Reason Number 44

Messaging Centre must now exit
The Messaging Server has closed

Server has been closedThis message pops up frequently afterwards.

Another issue for which I need your help is that Office Applications are not available when I change the MMC along with other option like Video Recorder, etc. How can I restore the entire system options on MMC of 64MB and the use the MMC of 16 MB as data card.

If I need to reinstall the software, what files are required to ensure that system restore process go smooth. What is latest PC software available and from should I download the same for synchronization of phone unit my PC running Windows XP Professional.

Please advise the process of removing the above-mentioned issues step by step. Kindly note that I want to restore the Nokia Software not the operating system to resolve the problems being faced.

Also advise some shareware software sites from where I can download the software for Nokia 9210 especially I am looking for Bank Account Management and Car Maintenance Software.

Your help in this regard by this newbie will be highly appreciated.

Cheers !!!