All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-03-2004, 09:56 AM

2nr is on a distinguished road
mpx100 > sendo x

sorry for the microsoft o/s invasion but if you're looking for a sendo alternative.. this is definitely the phone! it has everything the X has and then some!!

just look at the specs from ppcw.net:

The MPx100 combines a familiar user interface and radically enhanced candy bar design. With easy-to-use email, messaging, media, and Bluetooth connectivity, the device delivers simplified communications, increased productivity and complete control in developing a personal mobile experience.

Inbox Detox
Perfect for on-the-go connectivity, the Motorola MPx100 gives you the power to keep your Inbox "detoxed" by receiving and checking email in real-time. Leveraging Windows Mobile Outlook email and PIM synchronization, the tri-band GSM-GPRS device also provides "always-on" connectivity thru CE bus, IrDA or Bluetooth wireless technology.

The device is built on the MOTOPro Innovation Platform, a feature rich software and hardware platform that leverages Motorola design and technologies, as well as Microsoft Windows Mobile software. The Motorola MPx100 also boasts up to 512MB of expandable memory, an integrated 1.3 mega pixel camera with flash, Java technology, and a large, high-quality color screen in a small, pocket-sized package.

A Little Diversion
Complementing its strong business features, the Motorola MPx100 helps users achieve that personal life balance by providing plenty of downtime options. Get your groove on with the integrated MP3 player, or send instant messages in a snap with MSN Messenger and the model MPx100’s optional QWERTY keyboard. The model MPx100 even allows for photo album storage and features embedded Multi-Media Messaging Service (MMS) capability for sending and receiving photos, wallpaper, icons and more.

"Business professionals want the best of three worlds: mobile communications, computers, and electronics," said Tom Lynch, executive vice president, Motorola, Inc., president and chief executive officer, Personal Communications Sector. "And unique devices like the MPx100 give them what they’re looking for and more. The Motorola MPx100 reflects Motorola’s commitment to producing the highest level of wireless innovation."

The Motorola MPx100 offers:

Microsoft Windows Mobile software: Making the model MPx100 truly an extension of your desktop, this cutting-edge device supports a multitude of business applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and more.
Radical Design: The model MPx100 combines an innovative candy bar form factor with a large, high quality color screen resulting in a user-friendly and stylish mobile perfect for the truly mobile executive.
No strings attached: The Motorola MPx100 tri-band GSM-GPRS device supports integrated Bluetooth wireless technology for both data centric and voice centric communications with compatible devices for the ultimate in hands-free connectivity, as well as Wi-Fi via an optional accessory for wireless networking.
Advanced camera capabilities: With an impressive 1.3 mega pixel camera and flash embedded on the Motorola MPx100 combined with MMS - messages can be delivered with more than just words.
Ultimate add-ons: The model MPx100 offers increased mobile personalization with numerous productivity add-ons such as expandable memory using the mini-SD slot allowing up to 512MB of data to be added on-the-fly, Bluetooth headset, QWERTY keyboard, professional Install car kit, and GPS accessory kit.
Synchronization: Built in ActiveSync makes the model MPx100 capable of synching with Microsoft Outlook for easy organization away from the office.
Enhanced browsing and downloading: The Motorola MPx100 features Pocket Internet Explorer supporting HTML, WAP 2.0 and GPRS allowing the user to surf, shop, and trade on virtually any Web site. The Java download capabilities add extra applications for this action-packed device.
Ads

Old 04-03-2004, 10:16 AM

lazylazydave is on a distinguished road
I work in a phone shop and I can tell you unequivocally that this particular mobile is a piece of scrap. Half of what we sell develops a fault within 28 days, there is no camera and the menu is about intuitive as a Shetland pony!!

Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
lazylazydave, as far as I'm aware, it isn't even available yet, so half of zero isn't much to sell.

You must be thinking of some other phone mode, I presume.

Old 04-03-2004, 10:24 AM

2nr is on a distinguished road
but... but the phone isnt even out yet..

[edit] yea what N/A said.. im guessing your thinking of mpx200

Old 04-03-2004, 11:14 AM

Rayman is on a distinguished road
Wink

Dave must work for Phones 4 U , they generally don't know what phone they're talking about either

Old 04-03-2004, 01:04 PM

jamesbreen is on a distinguished road
he's right....

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4641.html

Easy guys, dont be too hard on him!!
It does LOOK pretty tasty... but 2nr.... at the end of the day its from The Beast of Redmond so until they come out with a handset that you dont have to send back within 2 weeks, its not worth getting excited about... plus, its not ready until 2nd half of the year (probably nov/dec)

Series 60 on Symbian v6 is tried and tested... Sendo would have to go some to make it unusable á la MS Windows Mobile etc

Old 14-03-2004, 03:30 PM

Pagemakers is on a distinguished road
The MPX100 will leave the sendo standing!

GPS + Wifi addons, decent buttons. The MPX looks awsome.

Old 14-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
It looks nice but no info on CPU and RAM suggesting that there might be cutbacks in that area plus it runs Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003.

BTW:There are more then one Bluetooth GPS solutions available for the Sendo X.IMO,The X is a better option if they release it soon enough.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 14-03-2004, 06:27 PM

markus1133 is on a distinguished road
If i wont buy the Sendo x, i might probably wait until Telme T939 will release!
At the time i own a Telme T919. It has quit a bad Firmware, but Hardware is ok.

Link: http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?I...source=HOMETOP

Old 14-03-2004, 07:37 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by markus1133
If i wont buy the Sendo x, i might probably wait until Telme T939 will release!
At the time i own a Telme T919. It has quit a bad Firmware, but Hardware is ok.

Link: http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?I...source=HOMETOP
Well, I hope you life in Africa or Asia, couse the article clearly states that it will only be released there. no europe unfortunately:(

Old 14-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Windows CE,yuck!

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 15-03-2004, 02:05 AM
new nokia 7760

nokia 7760 better than both of them

Old 15-03-2004, 02:31 AM

Ismail is on a distinguished road
nokia 7760??

no such phone on nokia.com

Old 15-03-2004, 09:50 AM

Pagemakers is on a distinguished road
The MPX100 is my all time dream phone!

Looking at my past phones:

E200 - V Good, poor battery, buggy.
E100 - Good, poor battery, buggy.
SPV - Good for the time, poor battery.
MPX200 - Great phone but I don't like flips that much, old OS.
Treo 600 - Awful screen, awful dreadful buttons, unimpresed.
Nokia 6600 - good buttons, battery, dreadful PC sync software, weak OS
P900 - Too big, too much of a 2 handed phone.

Looking to the future:

Sendo X - Average buttons, OS could be better, average looks, too little info available.
MPX100 - Looks fantastic, great buttons, good battery, wifi, GPS, right size, everything I want and need from a phone.

Old 15-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Pagemakers,if the MPX100 suits your needs,good for you! but,

Quote:
Sendo X - Average buttons, OS could be better, average looks, too little info available.
Are you for real?The MPX is running Windows Mobile

BTW:I assume you have you personally tried the buttons on the Sendo and the MPX?

Could you post CPU and RAM specs?