Originally Posted by GhostDog
Ismai,he asked for a key kombo that can be pressed before the N-Gage is started.There is no such thing.
I have a Nokia N-Gage QD which has been soft-reset three times in the following matter. This may be a bit "seat of your pants" but it seems to work for me. Now mind you, I am a bit adventuresome but try to keep about 1 MB free at all times in RAM. I have installed and uninstalled a variety of software (sometimes with stange results).
Here we go;
Should your N-Gage QD freeze on the Nokia logo (which prevents use of the *#7370# code) do exactly this. Try it several times if necessary.
1) Remove the MMC Card from the N-Gage QD while its still powered on
2) Power off the N-Gage QD
3) Power on the N-Gage QD
4) Insert the MMC Card (I use the Tony Hawk Game MMC that came with the QD)
5) Power off the N-Gage QD while the MMC Card is installed
6) Power on the N-Gage QD while the MMC Card is installed
7) After the Nokia logo displays for several seconds, remove the MMC Card
8) Wait several seconds
9) Hopefully the SIM login menu will appear
10) If it does not work initially, repeat steps 1- 8
Have faith, this has worked for me within three shots each time. It should work for you too if there is enough RAM free in the QD.
Because the Nokia N-Gage QD lacks a physical Soft-Reset Button/Detent/Pin-Hole, (ala a Palm OS or Pocket PC device) the MMC Card slot is the only method of accessing any hardware/software instructions should the device freeze-up.