All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-02-2004, 02:34 PM

charlie6600 is on a distinguished road
Issues with installing apps and themes

Hi,

I have been searching and reading through the forum for about the last 5 hours and still cant come up with a solution for my problems .. so hopefully someone can help me out!

I dont have Bluetooth atm, and am using a memory card reader. I downloaded a couple of chat apps (Agile Messenger and IM+), but cant seem to get them to install - I copied the files to the 'installed files' in the phone's memory from the mmc card, then when i try to install them they say that 'some components are already installed', when i say 'yes' it comes up with a corruption message. Funny thing is ... both applications seem to already be installed (they dont show up anywhere in the main menu though) and when I try to remove them it comes up with an error message 'app. closed' and the app manager crashes. I have tried reformatting the phone, which seemed to work fine .. but its still showing those 2 programs there! I cant get rid of them! Will using the PC suite though bluetooth enable me to access these pesky files and delete them so i can start again??

ALSO - I cant seem to install any themes, it seems to go though ok but when i go to themes, there are only the ones that come with the phone. I have tried installing them on both the phone memory and the memory card, and they dont show up on either. They are .sis files, i cant work it out.

Oh and I also cant access my email account, it gets stuck on connecting ... no idea whats going on there but oh well.

Nothing seems to be working for me! lol

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, this is all very frustrating.

Cheers

Charlotte
Ads