All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-01-2004, 09:06 AM
alchemist

3660 wav file - How big can it use?

Helo,
i am back again. Thanks to the guy who reply previous msg.

Now i got a new qs and that is.

If i were to convert 4.0mb mp3 to wav then it will be rougly 6mb so in the 3660 is there a limit of file size the ringtone is set?

Like maybe the phone only accept 2 or 3mb wav file only as a ringtones anything higher than 3 mb it dun accept??

Thanks in advance and happy CNY to all chinese around the world

peace
Ads

Old 22-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Alchemist

Hmmm...ermm...is there something wrong with the edit interface.
After i go inside the edit section it ask me for my username and password but i enter my username and password correctly but it keep telling me invalid username and password and ask me to press back and try again. I am sure i have the right username and password. So please someone tell me what happen...well since i cant edit i just create a reply to my own msg.

I try it just now after finish download the mp3 to wav converter and i convert 4mb mp3 to wav and it change 43MB.

4mb to 43MB => WTF!!!

So is there any suggestion that when converting it wont change to such a big file or it is a normal behaviour that when mp3 change to wav it will turn out !!!BIG!!!

Guy need help here.. i really wanna put the Final fantasy x-2 mp3 into my phone.

Koolz song man - 1000 words

Old 22-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
You should register first.

The conversion is correct.You can cut your favourite part of the wav with some sound editing tool and use that as a ringtone or install an mp3 player and play it but you still wont be able to use mp3 as a ringtone.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 22-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Alchemist

Thanks ghost. So there is no limit on how big the sound file is right? As long as ur phone got enough memory to handle it?

Ghost, u know any neat software that can like SMS from ur pc to the infrared then to ur phone and to the contacts?

I been to my fren house i saw him type the message on his pc and then send it to his phone through IRDA then send it to his fren. Like rather pressing on the keypad of the phone - type on ur keyboard of the pc is faster and easier and do less damage to the phone.

I cant remember what phone he has coz he got 2 phone - samsung sgh-100 and nokia 6610. I think the sms software is for samsung so i ask just to clarify it. I hope nokia got something like that or the one is using is nokia software

Well hope to hear from u guy soon

Old 23-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not aware of any size limit for ringtones.

You can use Desktop Message to send SMS directly from your PC when your phone is connected via Infrared or Bluetooth or you can use Remote S60 for a complete control of your phone from your PC.

Search the online shop

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 31-01-2004, 09:19 PM

sanjg2k02 is on a distinguished road
Hi Ghostdog!

I have a peculiar problem. I have Nokia 3650 (firmware 4.13) and I have installed the App on the PC also. After a lot of iterations, I used Setup on Remote S60 and configured Port 8 on Serial Port of BT. When I launch the programme on the desktop, I get a General Comx Failure, but then the PC prompt my phone. Once I accept the connection, the PC starts 'listening'. Now, the PC is 'listening' and I have even connected the phone. WHAT DO I DO BEYOND THIS POINT TO SEE MY PHONE'S DISPLAY ON THE PC AND THEN CONTROL IT FROM THERE? The Status in front of Serial Com8 is ticked and the status in front of Direct PC Suite/mRouter is blank, until I click on Start. When I click Start, I get a message "Connect Phone and start RS60".

Last edited by sanjg2k02; 31-01-2004 at 09:22 PM.

Old 01-02-2004, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

sanjg2k02,sorry,i haven't used Remote S60 in a while and i have only tried a very old demo version of Remote S60,long time ago.