Rather happy owner of 7650 for two months now. Decided to buy BT-USB dongle to move data to PC. Read many stories in newsgroups of varying experiences on making it work. Here is one story more, not working very well..
Maybe somebody has experienced same kind of problems, and could help me..!
Trying in coming days also to connect the Compaq iPaq BT-CF-exp. pack to the PC ands 7650.. fiuu.. let's see what happens then
WARNING! Long message.
I can't use the Nokia PC-suite for 7650 -software via bluetooth adapter. Problem in short seems to be, that I can't get the USB adapter to use virtual Bluetooth serial port, in my case COM4.
I have visited the cyber-blue web site / Application, where there is excellent advice given on using the usb adapter with nokia phones. Some things worked, some didn't.
1) Can't use Nokia PC-suite for 7650 -software, because Nokia's m-router application doesn't find bluetooth virtual port from COM4, where it is, at least according to XTNDConnect Blue manager / BT application settings.
2) Can't send .sis -software inst. files, or .jpg picture files from PC to 7650. Somehow I managed to send one vCard business contact card to the phone, but also in that case Blue manager gave error message "unable to send xx to 7650".
1) When trying to establish virtual serial port connection to 7650, from Network and dial-up connections / (self-made)"serial" connection, window says: "dialing", then "registering your computer on the network", then comes error message "error connecting to serial, dialing, Error 777: conn attempt failed..because modem on the remote comp is out of order", sometimes after re-dialing comes another message:"error connecting to serial, disconnected, Error 628: the conn was closed". Also I have got error 692.
Is this the way serial connection should be initiated for Blue manager?? There is no text or advice on Blue managers help files! Or how should it work? And why the m-router app doesn't find the connection from COM4 (the error message there is: "Another app is using the COM-port" -> not true.
During the "dialing", in the background the Blue manager / Folders view is blinking, and the device name for the phone "My Name 7650" is changed to my phones physical device address: "00:02:" etc.
In the phone's screen the BT icon is blinking, and around the dot comes two arcs, which according to phone manual means, that there is connection attempt going on. Sometimes I have reached the "connected" state, where the arcs and the dot are not blinking, but still the connection isn't working.
- Also the btprot.exe has crashed several times during these trials, and Blue manager won't start again without reboot.
- Bluetooth dial-up via 7650 via gprs works fine, from the Network and dial-up connections / Bluetooth dial-up.
- When trying BT LAN connection client, there came once a pop-up window in Blue manager, asking which device should use the connection. But since 7650 doesn't support that, it's not working
- Also once has come the same pop-up window asking for device on serial port, BUT it didn't help then either.. serial connection isn't working
- I can send pics, sounds and vcards from the phone to PC just fine.
-what is the BT app settings in Blue manager / BT ports / default device -option for?? serial doesn't work even then if I enter my phone's address to field.
Nokia 7650 firmware 3.12
BlueUSB / Blue manager 1.07a and 1.08 tried
Nokia PC-suite for 7650
Desktop PC, Win2000 Professional SP2
A-link BlueUSB, from http://www.avaks.com / http://www.cyber-blue.com
I have tried everything to make it work, but it doesn't (for about total 20 hours working already). I have to return the USB device soon, and get my money back from Avaks Oy, if it doesn't work as it should. I have to buy a 3COM or Epox BT-USB or some other brand, which works fine in this use (and is in the same price category) at least according to user reports in various newsgroups and forums.
I would be very glad to know of any user, who has managed to actually use the BlueUSB's virtual serial port for connecting the phone and PC via Nokia's PC-suite for 7650 -software!
(here is the BT description of the BlueUSB-device:
Bluetooth identifier : B00580
Created Date : 2002-04-05
Spec version : 1.1
PRD version : 1.0
Product ID : BlueUSB-XX
Software Version : 1.05
Hardware Version : 12.3
Qualified Product Notice : QPN_077-CTCMrev1.pdf
Capability Profile : - OPP-Client- DUN-DT- LAN-DT- FT-Client- SDP- Serial-DevB- OPP-Server- LAN-AP- FT-Server- GAP- Serial-DevA- OBEX
Interop Devices : - -
Product Type : PROD
List Date : 2002-04-05
Company URL : http://www.cyber-blue.com