All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-11-2003, 01:33 PM

drager is on a distinguished road
Nintendo goes wireless...

due to an article that i`ve read nintendo announced that with a new device that they will put on market next year, GBA will let users play games wireless... the device will be givesn freely if users by 2 Pokemon games which are called "Pokemon Fire Red" and "Pokemon Leaf Green". and the expeced prices to the games are $43. And Nintendo is going to modify the old GBA games to make possible play wireless but there are no details yet on which titles these will be.
The chip that makes wireless communication possible is designed bu Motorola Inc. and it is called the Wireless Communication Adaptor. It will allow up to five GBA players to link-up wireless in a range of five to ten metres. Chip is designeed to make the batery life as longer as possible. And this technology look a lot like the Bluetooth technology.

i think this is a counterattack to the N-Gage`s wireless game playing power and the Sony`s PSP.

Old 23-11-2003, 08:30 PM

omegaman is on a distinguished road
Drager, I think you are right.. i say it's all too late and too expensive..
Why go back we have it all now!

Old 23-11-2003, 09:23 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by omegaman
Drager, I think you are right.. i say it's all too late and too expensive..
Why go back we have it all now!
Omegaman, I think you are over defensive with the N-Gage. The Game Boy Advance has a great variety of multiplayer games. So a wireless add on would be great. N-Gage unfortunately doesn't have many games yet to show it's gaming capabilities. So I don't think it's too late. And by the way it is not expensive(Games for the N-Gage are more expensive).

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.

Old 23-11-2003, 11:39 PM

jaybadass is on a distinguished road
i would like to see tha GBA to go wireless!

Old 24-11-2003, 09:17 PM

Semaphor is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Poor Nintendo, they are watching closely the N-gage and upcoming $ony's PSP and becoming worried. So they want to make money by selling a freshened up GameBoy system and making you buy those 2 children games. It should be cheap no doubt, but it will be all proprietary and if you buy all the things to make it N-Gage worthy it will cost you. I think Nintendo's empire is seeings writings on the wall and if the king dies, then long live the king.

Old 27-11-2003, 04:17 AM

Nintendo has the major percentage of the handheld market (GBA, GBC, GB) and there was no big competition o the market, some handhelds came to market (some good some crap) but they didn`t have a name like Nokia and Sony on their backgrounds... now Nokia and Sony wants the percentages that Nintendo has. because it is huge and it makes Nokia and Sony crazy for it. It was Sony who first entered and capture the gameing market with ps. they nearly erased Nintendo and Sega from this market. and now it is time for handhelds. but now there one more thing, Nokia wants this market too. But the disadvantage of Nokia is they are too new to compete, but they are huge to compete if the name on the back of N-Gage wasn`t Nokia, i think now we were holding a dead technology. because of the name of the Nokia N-Gage is still alive. Think that you made a handheld and you sold a total number of units in a week which is less than nearly daily sale of your competitor. and after a little time your games were cracked and distributed freey on the net (which must be your major incoming and profit maker). But Nokia want a share on the market. And they are trying this now.
Nintendo is afraid from what`s going on the market, because in some ways the competitor technologies are better that their products. One example is Wireless multiplay?ng option and it is standard on the Nintendo`s competitors nowadays. and people wants the multiplaying. Nintendo will release this wireless playing add-on device but the curren games won`t support it. so you have to buythe multiplaying optioned ones again. and this is the minus side for Nintendo. but they will have the power of multiplayer when sony is in the market.
The greatest advantage of Nintendo GBA is the number of games they`ve released. Nokia couldn`t do this until this time, but they say they will release more titles next year. and sony will come with a great name on gaming market and a huge variaty of games i think. i don`t know what will happen then but it will be hard for both Nintendo and Nokia when Sony PSP comes... i think PSP is the Freddy Kruger of handheld market nowadays. the greatest nightmare of Nokia and Nintendo...

Old 27-11-2003, 04:23 AM

and i`ve read something about GBE (GameBoy Elite), a new device from Nintedo... but i couldn`t find something official on the net, just posts on forums... does anyone heard anyhing about this?

Old 28-11-2003, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MemphisX
Omegaman, I think you are over defensive with the N-Gage. The Game Boy Advance has a great variety of multiplayer games. So a wireless add on would be great. N-Gage unfortunately doesn't have many games yet to show it's gaming capabilities. So I don't think it's too late. And by the way it is not expensive(Games for the N-Gage are more expensive).
Okay, sorry, I just luv the Gage. i agree the game boy advance is a nice toy for my kids. I also believe the wireless idea is good. But for me, an older adult. I like to have a little fun on my phone and pda and the gage is the answer!

Old 29-11-2003, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by omegaman
i agree the game boy advance is a nice toy for my kids. I also believe the wireless idea is good. But for me, an older adult. I like to have a little fun on my phone and pda and the gage is the answer!
yeah you are right n-gage is really the answer... but the biggest competitor of n-gage is the device what you have called a toy...

Old 29-11-2003, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drager
yeah you are right n-gage is really the answer... but the biggest competitor of n-gage is the device what you have called a toy...
Oh man scary , or????

I know the competition is a little toy that I like to play and my kids cannot live without...

"my god its full of stars!"

Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Kendro

have you guys forgot nintendo's DS? That I believe will kill PSP, the wireless feature is just something to wet the appietite, since DS will have wireless features, and the games will have multiplay features. Then on top of that nintendo has been talking about chatting cartridges, so you can IM people, I do believe that the wireless features will be including web surfing since that is the only way chatting features would be useful, I do believe that nintendo did say something about websurfing tech, but sadly that means you'd have to have acess points and that is where Starbucks comes in.
Ads

Old 01-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
have you guys forgot nintendo's DS? That I believe will kill PSP
You must be joking,just compare the DS and the PSP specs.The DS will commit a suicide.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.