All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > UIQ > Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910

Old 21-11-2003, 03:46 AM

ispynal is on a distinguished road
how to copy contacts and calendar entries from your old p800 to your new p900!

here is a what you need, (btw, im running winxp):

PCsuite 1.5.1 of your p800
filemanager
winrar or winzip
PCsuite 2 of your p900

1) back up your p800 using the old pcsuite 1.5.1
2) search for *.ecs in winxp and copy that folder to a new one
3) use winzip or winrar to open the file you copied (*.ecs) and extract its contents. open the folder internal/system/data and copy the file "contacts.cdb" ; next open the folder internal/documents/agenda, copy the "agenda" file in the agenda folder

note: if you already have the latest backup from your p800 skip step 1; no need to install your old pcsuite 1.5.1 again if you already have pcsuite 2.0

4) install pcsuite 2.0
5) connect your p900 and open the backup program from the pcsuite
6) open file manager (from epoc); open the folder sytem/data in drive c: of the phone
7) click backup from your pcsuite, and as your phone restarts click cancel on the PC side of backup. While the phone says restarting you can go into PC File Manager and copy your backed up Contact.cdb and paste it on the same folder on the phone (c: system/data)
8) reboot the phone and viola! all your contacts are there with the same categories!
9) for the calendar, use same as step 6, but this time open the folder c: documents/agenda , and paste the "agenda" file while backing up the phone on same folder (using file manager)
10) restart the phone, and you'll see calendar entries restored!!!

Old 22-11-2003, 09:12 PM

Cruizer is on a distinguished road
Contacts can be beamed

I found it a lot easier to get the Contacts entries over by simply beaming the "All" folder over IR. Took less than a minute to get all 3 - 400 contacts over to the P900.

/Cruizer.
Ads

Old 23-11-2003, 12:57 AM

ispynal is on a distinguished road
Smile

i cant beam my contacts because i traded my p800 for the p900(battery was not yet charged). good for you though

Old 23-11-2003, 08:39 AM

Muzikfreakah is on a distinguished road
Hey almost did the same thing except that I didnt cancell the backup, while backing up, I copied the contacts right away after the phone restarted, had to go through a backup error after that but oh well Yours is a lot better, thanks this is really great help for me!

Now, can you do this also with tasks and jotter? I know you can jsut sink this with outlook but still you loose all the folders :(

Would really appreciate your help on this!

Oh and if you guys dont have winzip installed, you can simply just follow your "returning the data process" What I mean is, bakup up your P800, then when the phone restarts, cancel it, open your phone through your PC filemanager (epocware and not the SE one) then copy your data

Last edited by Muzikfreakah; 23-11-2003 at 08:42 AM.

Old 24-11-2003, 06:18 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Re: Contacts can be beamed

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruizer
I found it a lot easier to get the Contacts entries over by simply beaming the "All" folder over IR. Took less than a minute to get all 3 - 400 contacts over to the P900.

/Cruizer.
I like that option even better! Thanx mate! Unfortunately there is no way of doing this with calender, tasks and jotter....

Old 04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
funkster

thank you thankyou ispynal
I have spent nearly two days trying to figure out how to do this for P900 to P910i (lost my old phone , not synched to outlook, was told buy O2 that I could just dot his from back up to new phone but then found out it was possible)
thanks so much... saved me hours of inputting info again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!