All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-10-2003, 10:42 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Distribution

I was waiting for the Siemens SX1 until I the Superior sendo X was anounced.

But it also confused me.
Fisrt of all I have never seen a single Sendo phone sold here in Greece. So there is a big doubt that X will come here, unless Vodafone takes it and advertise it as a Live! product. But then again I am afraid of the support. I don't know anything about how stable Sendo's phones are and most importantly there is no support center for Sendo here in Greece. I remember when my 7650 had the start up problems I sent it to one of the many Club Nokias in my city.

If I'll have problems with X the only solution (after Vodafone if it will be a Live! device) will be to send it to some not authorized deparment that may also void warranty...

Any thoughts, cause I am confused...

Ps:At least I hope I'll see it here in Greece. If not then going for the SX1...

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.

Old 29-10-2003, 11:09 PM

noternet is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem.
Never seen a sendo phone in sweden..
But i'm hoping that someone will take it to their store here in sweden..
Otherwise i'll just have to tell my sister to buy one from london,,
tough, i wanna touch it before i buy it.. =/

*sob*
Ads

Old 21-11-2003, 10:33 AM

Shadow12 is on a distinguished road
I agree Mx well i am currently in Rhodes(Patrida) I often go back and forth to england for university and what not and i am very interested in finding out how good this phone is so when I get a clue Ill post it say what i think.
ciao

Old 21-11-2003, 01:03 PM

suburbian69 is on a distinguished road
I have owned a Sendo in the past, it was a very basic phone, but had a few nice touches which made it technically superior to all the Nokia 3210's that my friends all had at the time. I never had any problem with it, and I passed it on to my sister who still has it somewhere as a spare. Still works perfectly as far as I know.

I only know a couple of other people who have owned one, and they've never had a single problem either BUT the Sendo X is a smartphone, and let's face it, there are going to be bugs in there somewhere. I have no idea what the customer service is like, 'cause I've never had to contact them, but when the bugs do crop up, it's obviously going to be a little more tricky to sort out that it would be if you had a Nokia or Sony.

Still, that's the price you pay for exclusivity, isn't it? A Rolls-Royce or a Bugatti must be a pain to fix when something goes wrong, but you don't see everyone driving around in Fords as a result, do you!?

Old 21-11-2003, 02:00 PM

NO they all drive BMW instead!!
No Excelent point!

Old 22-11-2003, 09:18 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by suburbian69
I have owned a Sendo in the past, it was a very basic phone, but had a few nice touches which made it technically superior to all the Nokia 3210's that my friends all had at the time. I never had any problem with it, and I passed it on to my sister who still has it somewhere as a spare. Still works perfectly as far as I know.

I only know a couple of other people who have owned one, and they've never had a single problem either BUT the Sendo X is a smartphone, and let's face it, there are going to be bugs in there somewhere. I have no idea what the customer service is like, 'cause I've never had to contact them, but when the bugs do crop up, it's obviously going to be a little more tricky to sort out that it would be if you had a Nokia or Sony.

Still, that's the price you pay for exclusivity, isn't it? A Rolls-Royce or a Bugatti must be a pain to fix when something goes wrong, but you don't see everyone driving around in Fords as a result, do you!?
Actually repairing my 7650 was a real pain in the ass. After 2 days from the purchase the device couldn't boot. I sent it to Club Nokia (I was an idiot, to say the truth.I should have sent it to the Vodafone shop from where I bought it) and I didn't have a phone for more than a month.When it came back I realised it was another phone (different IMEI number) with the cover from my first original.

Ironically a friend of mine had various problems with his P800. He sent it for a firmware upgrade and also too check the various problems (mainly the battery duration was short, and the device was veryyy slow). Guess what. They gave him a brand new P800 after two days, even though the first one was full of scrathes (even in the touchscreen)...

Now I also heard that Siemens gives free firmware upgrades through the Internet. If this is also true for the Sendo X and if it will be a Vodafone Live! device, then in no doubt I'll go for it.

Out off topic: Lastly about the cars. If I wanted exclusivity I wouldn't buy such cars. A Toyota MR2/Honda S2000 or even with lower budget a Honda Civic/Toyota Corrola and a little tuning I would kill any kind of that type of cars. (Japanese car manufacturers know better...)

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.

Old 25-11-2003, 01:07 PM

suburbian69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MemphisX
[b]Actually repairing my 7650 was a real pain in the ass.......

Ironically a friend of mine had various problems with his P800........
Maybe you're not much better off having a big-name brand when things go wrong then?

(Cars: I'd go for a Sunbeam Alpine, personally!)

Old 26-11-2003, 06:17 AM

boon is on a distinguished road
After sales customer support is always important for more expensive things like Smartphone. For a $100 phone, I would save the hassle and trouble, and just get a replacement.

I've always owned a Nokia phone upto 3210, but decided to switch to SE after I saw the number of people waiting at the Nokia customer service. At the SE customer service, the wait is at most 2. Well, that could well mean that few people use SE phones. On the other hand, when my SE phona had trouble, they offered me a temporary replacement. At Nokia, they just say sorry no replacement or loan.

I'm back to Nokia 3650 cos the P800 is just too expensive. I sure hope nothing goes wrong with my 3650 now. Hmm, better start inserting my contacts into the SIM just in case.

Old 26-11-2003, 07:11 AM

Unhappy

living in rhodes greece such support is unheard of if your phone dies and its due to the battery they either zap the battery or give you a new one.Zappin costs about 15 pounds and replacement battery well based on the phone realy but usualy quite a bit. Anything else and it is sent to athens upon which you might recieve a phone and a large bill or you might recieve your sim and sorry was unable to fix phone. They dont even send the phone back to you. So thats the way the cookie crumbles in these backwards provincial regions. You better hope your phone doesn't go down while on holiday here : ).

Old 27-11-2003, 09:09 AM

jac57 is on a distinguished road
does anyone know when this phone will be available as i want it asap

Old 27-11-2003, 09:21 AM

Stay posted and keep looking at this forum I am guessing you will have to wait a couple of months. But if you look at its characteristics well it just blows the competition out of the water.
If it all works well the competition will have to go back to the drawing board and cook up an new Smartphone. HA! Competition isn't it great.

Old 27-11-2003, 10:38 AM

jac57 is on a distinguished road
yeah great .especially as most people have rushed out and got the 6600 ive just bided my time for this, by the time it gets realised there will probaly be something else out there anyway time for a change from nokia