All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-09-2003, 08:00 AM

MkollUK is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Slim Series 60 phone

I would't count myself as a design genius but surely one of the many Series 60 licensees would have thought about making a phone that's smaller and more compact than the current batch.

The SE T610 is a nice good sized, pocketable phone and is in my opinion the ideal form factor. It's got a camera, memory (only 2 meg I know) and a fairly large screen. I really don't understand why someone can't fit the compnenets needed for a S60 phone in the same kind of format. I'd be more than happy to have a slightly smaller screen with smaller pixels.

The 6600 is a missed opportunity and will struggle with many businessmen as it just seems bigger than it needs to be. What is going on with those huge bulges on either side?

The Samsung phone looked more like it but I'm not a fan of clamshell phones and it seems to have gone AWOL since earlier this year.

All I want for Xmas is a small series 60 phone. Guess it will be Xmas 2004 :-(

Old 26-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Gadget17 is on a distinguished road
Check this site out!

From that site the Samsung-D700 would be the one to go for as has smallest form factor, but as far as I am aware has not been released yet. But it's still worth a look at that site to get size comparisons!

Old 26-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
That's what I was going to say until the "not a fan of clamshell phones", I don't see the difference personally.
Ads

Old 18-10-2003, 07:19 AM

baze is on a distinguished road
hum sory but i don't think make a compariason between t610 and 6600 is a good thing.

1/the cam qaulity is bad (really bad )
2/java is soooo slooooooowww and bugy look test at jperfomance.com or something like that
3/no connection is really possible for java application.

and for finish ...t610 is not categorized as a smatphone ... with this kind of comparaison i can say S60 are so small compare to an ipaq

Old 20-10-2003, 01:19 AM

djwillietribs is on a distinguished road
just my opinion

Personally, I am sort of glad that they are moving away from trying to see how small they can make phones. I used to have an 8260 and dropped it all the time.... I dunno, like I said in the subject, it's just my opinion.

Old 20-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I agree with you djwillietribs,what's with people's fixation on small phones.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 20-10-2003, 04:07 PM

djwillietribs is on a distinguished road
I have to admit that is really cool to see how small you can make things with all the advancements in technology but sometimes it just goes a little too far.