All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-09-2003, 06:48 PM

A920 and bluetooth

Phoned the 3 technical team and they stated that the phone will be bluetooth enabled when the software is updated and when the phone will be allowed to function as a modem !!!!!! So sounds kool to me.

For what it's worth - I had a P800 prior to the A920 and I believe this phone just kicks the p800's butt as it doesnt look plasticky!!!!!!

Old 17-09-2003, 12:40 AM

Re: A920 and bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdip
Phoned the 3 technical team and they stated that the phone will be bluetooth enabled when the software is updated and when the phone will be allowed to function as a modem !!!!!! So sounds kool to me.
SO you are saying that the bluetooth only allows you to use A920 as a modem.It can't pair with other devices such as other handphones or bluetooth headsets? This is bad...sounds like it's the same as the nec e606 where it says bluetooth enable in the manual.After a few months of use with it and found out that the bluetooth is for the nec e606 to act as a modem only. This is really bad. Is this information misleading or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdip
For what it's worth - I had a P800 prior to the A920 and I believe this phone just kicks the p800's butt as it doesnt look plasticky!!!!!!
Definitely agree with you here !!!
Ads

Old 17-09-2003, 07:06 AM

A920 and bluetooth

NO NO NO NO . I was informed :

1. Bluetooth will be enabled - so u can use it like any other bluetooth device.

2. The phone can also be used as a modem !!!!

: - )

Old 17-09-2003, 09:44 AM

Confused

It sounds ace that you will be able to use it as a modem. However, I'm sure it will support headset proocols and the like as one of the prizes in the A920 developer competition is a bluetooth headset isn't it?

Old 17-09-2003, 11:34 AM
james_preedy

Yeah, we've got it from a few different sources within 3 that it's gonna support Bluetooth profiling ...

J