All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-08-2002, 12:00 AM

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Adobe Announce Acrobat Reader (beta) For 9210/9290

Adobe Systems Incorporated have announced the public beta availability of Acrobat® Reader® for Symbian OS.

It is a new software application that provides mobile professionals and others the flexibility to view Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on data-enabled mobile phones. The product, which builds on the company's vision to drive delivery of compelling content regardless of platform or device, is immediately available free of charge from the Adobe.com Web site at http://www.adobe.com/symbianbeta

Acrobat Reader for Symbian OS extends the value of award-winning Adobe® Acrobat® 5.0 software by allowing enterprises the freedom to share a wide range of Adobe PDF documents on a third prominent mobile device platform. Acrobat Reader products for Palm OS® and Pocket PC handheld computers, available for several months, have already collectively surpassed two million downloads from the Adobe.com site. The latest Acrobat Reader product is initially offered for the Nokia 9290 Communicator and Nokia 9210 Communicator, and provides Symbian OS hone users access to Adobe PDF files they download from the Web, eceive by email or transfer from a personal computer.
"We have been working with leading content application providers to make Symbian OS phones more attractive to mobile enterprise users," said Jerry Panagrossi, Director of the Symbian Technology Partner Program. "As a result of our close working relationship with Adobe, we are delighted to see its compelling application now available on Symbian OS phones, providing business users the ability to read PDF documents wherever and whenever they need."

"The Nokia 9290 Communicator and Nokia 9210 Communicator bring the best of wireless communication together, and allow business professionals o be effective anytime, anywhere," said Darrell Sagehorn, Director of usiness Applications, Nokia. "The ubiquitous nature of Adobe PDF files on he Web and email make Acrobat Reader one of the essential tools for haring information across an extended enterprise of mobile workers. We're sure Nokia customers will be delighted about the added utility Adobe's product provides them."

Acrobat Reader for Symbian OS enables users to read, navigate and search graphically rich Adobe PDF documents-including those secured with measures like password protection-in their original format or re-flowed to fit the width of a wireless device screen. Adobe PDF files created sing Acrobat 5.0, Adobe InDesign® 2.0, Adobe FrameMaker® 7.0 and dobe PageMaker® 7.0 will offer the best reading experience on Symbian S phones because they are automatically tagged with information on page tructure and organization. This allows for easier and more reliable text re-flow on a wireless device.

Pricing and Availability

The public beta of Acrobat Reader for Symbian OS is immediately available free of charge for the Nokia 9290 Communicator and Nokia 9210 Communicator. Acrobat Reader for Symbian OS requires a Symbian OS phone with minimum available memory of 1.3 MB. The shipping product will be offered in English only and is expected to be available by he end of the current calendar year. Support for other languages is xpected in future versions. For more information, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrmobiledevices.html.

Old 06-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Prodigal Symbiant

TANKERx is on a distinguished road
Bad news for mBrain but good news for users!

TANKERx

Mobile Phone History
Nec D10
Ericsson i888 World -> N'7110 -> Sony J5e
N'9210 -> N'7650
SPV -> MPx200
N'6260 -> N'6680 -> N'N70 -> N'E61 -> N'N73

Old 06-08-2002, 10:51 AM

pdfplus

hi

adobs pdf application is increddible big and uses much more memory - so pdfplus is still the better alternative pdf viewer

ciao

Old 06-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
While I'm glad that Adobe have seen fit to notice Symbian I'd also say that Pdf+ is a very good product, the author is very friendly, and the support is excellent. If you have to make a choice listen to someone who might known - choose Pdf+ - at least for now. Its more efficient and more Symbian firendly

Rafe

Old 15-06-2004, 01:47 PM

eng_amal is on a distinguished road
Question Symbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
While I'm glad that Adobe have seen fit to notice Symbian I'd also say that Pdf+ is a very good product, the author is very friendly, and the support is excellent. If you have to make a choice listen to someone who might known - choose Pdf+ - at least for now. Its more efficient and more Symbian firendly

Rafe

Hi rafe

i want to have an adob reader for mobile device but to install it on a mobile simulator not on a real mobile ... is the PDF+ suitable for that
or the new adob for mobile symbian OS .... and how can i download that adob on the simulator that exist on my PC .... i found (nokia content authering series 60 ) does it work ...

plz help

and if it's possible mail me

free_rhythm@alex4all.com
Ads

Old 15-06-2004, 10:21 PM

JasonT is on a distinguished road
It's the DRM Marketing deal

What are there...one ebook reader that supports DRM on symbian (mobipocket)? Adobe is TRYING and I mean they're going to have to pull off some deep magic, to get people buying ebooks in Acrobat DRM format. It's slow on PCs, Macs, Palms, and I have no idea what it's like on the 9xxx symbians, but they definately need to come up w/ something better. I'd say this is a push into webservices (submitting forms w/ the new extended support) and content sales. I wish them luck, but they need to stop robbing people (think they finally realized w/ the .02 upgrade for all the desktop readers). Anyone think the beta's fast at all?