All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-08-2003, 02:00 PM

drazvan is on a distinguished road
Send anonymous/fake sender id/flash SMS messages over GPRS

Hello everyone,

We have just launched a new application called SMSXtender

SMSXtender is a small (5.5k) midlet that allows you to send SMS messages to destinations all over the world for just 0.07 EUR/message. It also allows you to "tweak" your SMS messages in ways that are impossible from a regular phone:

1. You can alter the phone number that the message appears to have come from. Want to play tricks on your friends? Send them messages that appear to have come from their own phone number (or from their girlfriends )

2. You can even set an alphanumeric sender id (a name). It is limited to 12 characters, but that's enough to send a message from J. Lopez to a Jennifer Lopez fan

3. You can send Flash SMS messages that are instantly displayed on the receiver's phone. The receiver doesn't have to press any buttons to read your message, it just pops up on their screen.

The application costs EUR 9.95 and includes 10 initial credits. If you need more, you can purchase packs of 100 credits.

More details on our site (http://www.simeda.com/smsxtender.html) or on Handango (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...amp;catalog=90).

Enjoy
Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 03:03 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
And this also works on the P800?? (since you only posted screenshots of Series 60 phones...)

Old 20-08-2003, 03:07 PM

Yes, it's a J2ME application so it should work without any problems on the P800. Since you're the first person to ask this, if you have a P800, email me at support@simeda.com and I will provide you with a free trial + some demo credits.

Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 03:18 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I do own a P800, already mailed you. Awaiting your reply...

Old 20-08-2003, 04:07 PM

Stezos is on a distinguished road
So we have to buy the application as well as credits, ill give it a miss then. Id be willing to pay a higher price for the app alone with unlimited messages or a free app and then buy credits but not both, particulary as there is no demo.
Stezos

Old 20-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezos
Id be willing to pay a higher price for the app alone with unlimited messages
I tend to agree.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 20-08-2003, 04:12 PM

Ok, thanks for your feedback, we'll give it some thought and see if we can come up with some kind of variation over our current sales scheme. Would you rather pay more for the application if it included more credits (let's say 100 or 200 credits)? Or would you rather pay more than 7 EUR / 100 credits if the application were free?

Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 04:14 PM

Unfortunately we can't offer an "unlimited plan" since our SMS provider does not offer one ... We pay for every single SMS sent.

Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazvan
Ok, thanks for your feedback, we'll give it some thought and see if we can come up with some kind of variation over our current sales scheme. Would you rather pay more for the application if it included more credits (let's say 100 or 200 credits)? Or would you rather pay more than 7 EUR / 100 credits if the application were free?

Razvan
Putting the 10 credits that you get bungled with the app aside, its only of use if the buy credits so why charge for the application if it cant be used unless you continue to buy credits from you? I would like to see the app be free so that we can install it and see what the interface is like etc (if its anything like SMSSend was that was i right pain to navigate) then if we like what we see we could then buy a few credits to test it out, say about 10 for a small fee then if it works well we can continue to use it buying them in bundles of 100. There are providers out there that put huge restrictions on what can be accessed via gprs luckily mine isnt one of them, so its no good for some people if they have to pay 10euros only to find they cant use it.
Stezos

Old 20-08-2003, 05:51 PM

Id also like to know how the credits system works. Are they deducted from your account by registering your phone number in which case only one phone could be used or does it use a username/password system in whick case I would imagine i would be able to use the same account on a P800 and a 7650 with different sim cards?
Stezos

Old 20-08-2003, 06:16 PM

First about the credit system: it's username/password based so you can use it on as many phones as you like. You have to buy the application once and you can use it on as many phones as you like (provided they're all yours, we do not allow a single account to be used by multiple users).

As for the price, if you purchase from our website, we have a 7 day no questions asked refund policy. We will refund your purchase price minus the cost of the initial credits (70 euro cents). So in any case, you only risk 70 cents if our application doesn't work. We are considering alternative pricing schemes, we're just waiting to collect more feedback from early adopters.

Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 06:22 PM

Here are some initial screenshots on the P800 (many thanks to Flint on My-Symbian):

Razvan
Ads

Old 20-08-2003, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazvan
First about the credit system: it's username/password based so you can use it on as many phones as you like.
Thats great I was hoping it was. Ill wait and see what happens with the pricing system then might give this a try.
Thanks for answering my questions
Stezos

Old 20-08-2003, 07:42 PM

If you want to check the coverage area for SMSXtender go to http://www.simeda.com/smsxtender-coverage.html. Please note that only the receiver of the message must be in the coverage area, the sender just needs a data connection (GPRS or CSD).

Razvan

Old 20-08-2003, 08:23 PM

nk8 is on a distinguished road
damn, no tmobile or o2 in UK, i agree about not paying for the app but for the credits as no hack or crak would be able to retrieve these credits if you process them all

www.haroboy.boltblue.com