All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-08-2002, 09:10 AM

Leo is on a distinguished road
File Conversion

Hi,

Does anybody know how to avoid that anoying file conversion on 9210?
I tried to answer "No conversion, copying only" to the popup dialog box every time, but still my HTML files, I've written on 9210 contain much rubbish and I need to clean then on PC manually.

Furthermore, I wanted to use my Nokia as a temporary file storage for transporting them between home and work, but that conversion spoils all the game.

For business people it may be OK, but I feel like get converted e.g. Word & Excel docs only and not everything I copy to or from Nokia.

Thanful for any suggestions

Old 01-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Prodigal Symbiant

TANKERx is on a distinguished road
Hi,

When you drag the files across, drag using the Right Mouse Button and select 'Copy Only'.

TANKERx

Mobile Phone History
Nec D10
Ericsson i888 World -> N'7110 -> Sony J5e
N'9210 -> N'7650
SPV -> MPx200
N'6260 -> N'6680 -> N'N70 -> N'E61 -> N'N73

Old 01-08-2002, 03:29 PM

Yes

Oh, yes, so easy, pls. excuse me, that's my idiotic habit never to read manuals, but learn all programs by do-'n'-click-it.

Now it works fine.

Thanks

Old 01-08-2002, 05:49 PM

Zuber is on a distinguished road
You're not the only one.

You're not the only one. I used to zip the files transfer them and unzip them. So much for being a forum Vetran

Zuber

Old 01-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
You can also use the native IrDA function on Win98 and Win2000 assuming you have a laptop of desktop with the nessecary bit. Just right click any file in Explorer and select "Send To" / "Infrared Recipient."

You can upload from the 9210 by going into the IR on your PC, and then sending via IR from "File Manager" on the 9210.

Essentially, for file transfers (as opposed to syncs) you don't need the PC Suite at all, or in fact anything other than the Windows OS.
-- Twitter: @ewan
Ads

Old 02-08-2002, 08:34 AM

Answers

To Zuber:
I thought about zipping, too, but I didn't have a Zip program on my Nokia installed, so I just sended the HTML-files written on Nokia to my PC as attatchment via email to evoid conversion.

To Ewan-FreEPOC:

I use only laptops at home, so I transferred files only via infrared, but.. I've dragged them across in Windows Explorer and that's going always via PC Suiteas I see now.

The IR-Communication native to Windows I've tried as well, but I just haven't thought about it concerning non-conversional copying.

Thanks for your answers