All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-07-2003, 04:17 PM

sanjg2k02 is on a distinguished road
Memory Issues and .3gp on Real Player

I have Nokia 3650 (Firmware 3.13)

1. I only have three extra applications on my phone memory (I am always checking it up only through App. Manager).
(i) 16 KB for Switcher
(ii) 10 KB for Name Swap
(iii) 7 KB for Torch

Still I have about 2 MB memory available on my phone memory. All videos or sounds have been transferred to MMC and the default location for messages is MMC.

So can I delete the files residing in C>101>Bin? The file names are Shell 7650.dll, Shell 7650.DLL.spk, Shell7650.mag.spk, System.mag, System.mag.spk?

Are there any other redundant files in C drive (i.e. phone memory) which can be deleted? Do you have any other tips for successful installation having more space on the phone memory?

2. After I changed over to 128 MB card, the default video files (that came along with the phone from Nokia) are no longer associated to Real Player or even to PvPlayer, which I installed today. If I try to open any of these files by going in to FExplorer or HandyFile, I get an error "FExplorer:Unknown File Format". If I look carefully, I find that .3gp has changed in to .3gp.spk If I rename the file, The PvPlayer or the Real Player still cannot open the file.

3. How do I search for a file iusing FExplorer or HandyFile if I know only part of the file name? Suppose the file name is cheer up, can I not simply type 'cheer' in the box that I get after Find File and then search the MMC? When I do that no, results are shown, even though cher up.3gp very much exists. On the other hand, if I search by file type, I get search results from phone memory (and not from the MMC). What do I do?