All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-07-2003, 06:22 AM

PC suite cannot open WINDIGO BT USB > pls help

Hi everyone,

am not quite sure if my issue has been answered by previous threads. But i'll post it here hoping some lite can be shed here.

I am using a WINDIGO BT USB adapter connecting it to my 3650 on WIN XP. I have seen other threads explaining about selecting the COM ports in Mrouter. Well, what i am facing is weird. Here goes:

My windigo is using the Blue Manager software (Xtnd connect), and i am using the latest version which is 2.2. With the original version, i couldnt pair the phone, now it can. It can now detect and pair the phone, even send files directly to phone, and the Mrouter sees the BT in COM 3 and states "connected". Mrouter even shows the icon of a computer and phone on the taskbar. But when i open PC Suite, it states "This is the first time you have used pc suite ..... " i cant press ok, only cancel !!!!

Any suggestions ..need help...this is sooo wierd

Old 14-07-2003, 07:16 AM

Is your bluetooth adaptor a 50 one from a phone shop that plugs into a USB by any chance?

Aparently, PC Suite doesnt recognise the USB ports so therefore wont pick up the fact that you have a bluetooth connector.

Please, if I am wrong, someone tell me as I cannot use mine either and this is what I have been told!

Old 14-07-2003, 07:26 AM

willbrady is on a distinguished road
What you have been told is rubbish my friend.

DO a search on this forum there is LOTS of info about BT problems on here.
It's not about PcSuite and USB ports as the BT device hooks onto a COM port which is what PcSuite uses.

Not to sure about this specific problem - but most problems have been sorted and answered on these forums

Do you have the latest PcSuite?

Best

Will

Old 14-07-2003, 07:33 AM

i am using the latest PC suite s/w and latest BT s/w. This adapter i am using is a USB adapter i bought in Australia. I have tried pretty much all the things i could manage to search on regarding BT connectivity issues.

I just am stuck at this where i cant open pc suite eventhough mrouter shows connection. :(

Old 16-07-2003, 04:28 AM

helppppppppppppppp !!!!

I still cannot connect to the Nokia PC Suite. Mrouter shows connection on COM3. But i cant open the Nokia Suite. I am using the latest Blue Manager which the Windigo uses.

Can I use the Widcomm BT software ? Is that possible ?

Old 17-07-2003, 07:26 PM

I gave up trying to use PC suite with mine. Used the software that came with the bluetooth adapter instead even though it was limited. Exactly the same problems as you are having. I can't speak for BT though as I am on Telewest

Old 17-07-2003, 07:27 PM

Ignore me... long day. BT reference was misunderstood
Ads