All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-06-2003, 06:48 PM

p810

uh oh... I hope the p810 won't be much different... I just got my p800 recently... I'd really hate it if it became 2nd class all of a sudden.

Glad to know Mineral Gray is available... but I still prefer the original color... thanks for the info though.

Old 01-07-2003, 09:30 AM

chinggoy is on a distinguished road
Cant connect gprs

hi. i've been trying to use my gprs to connect to wap sites but nothing happens. i have no problem sending out mms msgs, but when i try connecting to yahoo, it just doesnt connect. i've tried opera and it doesnt work either. does gprs/wap surfing work on the p800? i've done the go p800 thing several times already. help?! thanks!

Old 01-07-2003, 09:42 AM

enterprise is on a distinguished road
Re: Cant connect gprs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinggoy
hi. i've been trying to use my gprs to connect to wap sites but nothing happens. i have no problem sending out mms msgs, but when i try connecting to yahoo, it just doesnt connect. i've tried opera and it doesnt work either. does gprs/wap surfing work on the p800? i've done the go p800 thing several times already. help?! thanks!
Last week I went to Philippines for vacation and I was on roaming. Whenever I see that I'm connected to GLOBE, I couldn't connect to the web via GPRS. However, when I force-connect to SMART, I could easily and successfully connect via GPRS to the web, i.e. yahoo. With SMART, I didn't even have to change any configuration on my P800, I just started opera then keyed-in the site I wanted to go, that's it. Also, I've read from previous threads that people are having problem with GLOBE when it comes to GPRS connections.

Old 01-07-2003, 11:36 PM

christomas is on a distinguished road
Hi chinggoy! I am a Globe user and i have no problem surfing the net using GPRS. You can use the standard browser though you will have to do lots of scrolling with it. The best option is to use Opera, though you will need to reconfigure some settings from the info that you got from Globe. You cant check your emails from yahoo though. Somehow Globe blocked this feature to force their subscribers to use their email which they provide for a fee. Lousy move if you ask me

Old 02-07-2003, 02:40 AM

MS duo 128mb

Games & Gadgets at the new mall beside Virramall (yung orage yung walls) has the 128mb MS duo for P6,200. Pretty cheap considering that you get it immediately after you pay for it. Beats the wait from Brando or P800er.

Old 05-07-2003, 02:13 AM

bigdaddychris is on a distinguished road
that's cheaper

Old 05-07-2003, 04:26 AM

MMS

HELP! Im a globe user. why cant i send 640x480 picture MMS to nokia phones? but i can send 320x240

Old 05-07-2003, 04:58 AM

Re: MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest Man
HELP! Im a globe user. why cant i send 640x480 picture MMS to nokia phones? but i can send 320x240
what nokia model is the receipient using? have you tried sending it to a 7650?

Old 05-07-2003, 04:59 AM

anthonyjcrocks is on a distinguished road
Hey there, me and my friends are going there for a vacation in the end of this month. Can you please give me some of the prices of the P800s over there? I wanna know how much would it cost both at SE stores and non-SE stores. Because here in Hong Kong, all they have is the Chinese/English version...my friend does not need that...thanks...me and my friend are going to be freshmen next year at the University of the Philippines!!! hehehe Sorry for being random...but yeah, can someone help me out with finding out the prices...

Old 05-07-2003, 05:00 AM

Edgedale is on a distinguished road
Re: MMS

It's don't happen to mine. I use to own a Nokia 7650 from my P800 on 800 x 600 res. have no problem at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest Man

"Ask and you will get. Seek and you will find"

Old 05-07-2003, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyjcrocks
Hey there, me and my friends are going there for a vacation in the end of this month. Can you please give me some of the prices of the P800s over there? I wanna know how much would it cost both at SE stores and non-SE stores. Because here in Hong Kong, all they have is the Chinese/English version...my friend does not need that...thanks...me and my friend are going to be freshmen next year at the University of the Philippines!!! hehehe Sorry for being random...but yeah, can someone help me out with finding out the prices...
If you are going to buy it from an authorized dealer (with warranty) it is around PhP 37,000 ($690). In Greenhills (popular for cheap phones) price ranges from Php 32,000- PhP34,000 ($596-$634) that's without warranty.

Just be patient in looking for the store which offers the cheapest of them all.

I suggest you go to Semicon which has branches located all over Metro Manila.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:06 PM

anthonyjcrocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddychris
Quote:
If you are going to buy it from an authorized dealer (with warranty) it is around PhP 37,000 ($690). In Greenhills (popular for cheap phones) price ranges from Php 32,000- PhP34,000 ($596-$634) that's without warranty.

Thanks man, hey so these are the english only versions?

Old 06-07-2003, 01:19 AM

hey guys can u send mms to a globe handyfone users? im using smart...

Old 07-07-2003, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddychris
Quote:

Thanks man, hey so these are the english only versions?
no problem. yeah, english versions only.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
hey guys can u send mms to a globe handyfone users? im using smart...
you cannot. there's no mms interconnection yet from these two networks