All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-05-2003, 03:43 PM

Bigfeat is on a distinguished road
New Toy: BT Stereo Headphones...

I'm getting a new toy to play with... BT stereo headphones w/ boom mic. The mic functionality would be great for online gaming. I'll get a BT dongle with it for PC interaction. It's at pre-production run at the moment, but I get a dev kit to play around with in the meanwhile.. This headset is meant to be a standalone, but there is limited testing with mobile products. That's where I come in and get a chance to have some fun with it... I hope there are more to follow suit.

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T

Old 17-05-2003, 05:04 PM

Muzikfreakah is on a distinguished road
Wow! This is a dream come true!!!! Pleae make drivers for the P800!!! When do you think will it be available?? Drooooollll...

Old 17-05-2003, 10:14 PM

I'll have the test kit by next week. These will be available in 2-3 months. After I alerted them that they might one to consider making one without a boom mic they considered designing another model for listening purposes only. The only thing that is keeping it in development mode is the streaming audio. They will release another one sooner then 3 months from now, however, it will not have streaming audio. Moreover, it has an extending boom mic and this one will have a hole for the mic kinda like the Bluespoons.

Old 18-05-2003, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the info. Streaming audio is whats important to me though. I really thought it would be impossible to get stereo music wirelessly without plugging a tranciever first (kinda like those audio wireless headphones for home theateres, I have a JVC one)

I got very dissapointed when I saw the SE Bluetooth MP3 player since I found out that the headphones were still wired and that the Bluetooth part of that gadget was the player which allowd you to recieve calls from the P800.

What we need is this device you are showing us since it will allows us listen to music via the BR headset

Old 18-05-2003, 05:01 AM

Accela is on a distinguished road
Well, as long it works with P800, its gotta be good. Really, otherwise, I don't really have much interests in it. :p

Old 18-05-2003, 05:12 AM

If such thing ever surfaces, there should be no driver needed.

It will be a 2-piece kit, just like the old IR stereo headphones, it just changes to BT instead of IR. You plug in the transmitter with a stereo jack into whatever device you want to use. That is as far as I can understand.

Present devices are not able yo output stereo audio via BT. No driver can change that.

Old 18-05-2003, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If such thing ever surfaces, there should be no driver needed.

It will be a 2-piece kit, just like the old IR stereo headphones, it just changes to BT instead of IR. You plug in the transmitter with a stereo jack into whatever device you want to use. That is as far as I can understand.

Present devices are not able yo output stereo audio via BT. No driver can change that.
So a tranceiver is needed right? Its not an instant connection via BT i mean

Old 18-05-2003, 04:35 PM

There is no extra transmitter piece required. It literally uses a BT dongle.. Thus for cases like PDA sthat has BT enabled it will not require it... I have a brosure that shows the headset and its connection to a Sony Clie. Nothing else was attached at all. Besides the manufacture clearly understands the need to minimize the amount of pieces required. I got a list of what I was receiving in my quote and through the conversation with the rep. They understand that these devices will be utilized mainly by mobile/PDA users. Which is why they are considering making devices with mics and some without. All I know is that I will not have to have a piece attached to my P800. And yes, they are aware of Symbian OS machines and are testing their device with them as well. At least I hope they do after asking me what I intended to use them for.

Old 18-05-2003, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfeat
There is no extra transmitter piece required. It literally uses a BT dongle.. Thus for cases like PDA sthat has BT enabled it will not require it... I have a brosure that shows the headset and its connection to a Sony Clie. Nothing else was attached at all. Besides the manufacture clearly understands the need to minimize the amount of pieces required. I got a list of what I was receiving in my quote and through the conversation with the rep. They understand that these devices will be utilized mainly by mobile/PDA users. Which is why they are considering making devices with mics and some without. All I know is that I will not have to have a piece attached to my P800. And yes, they are aware of Symbian OS machines and are testing their device with them as well. At least I hope they do after asking me what I intended to use them for.
Thats good, I was kinda getting confused there. So Im correct, it will need some new driver to be able to run the thing and allow it to send stereo streaming sound to the headset.

Old 20-05-2003, 03:12 PM

A DONGLE is a TRANSMITTER.

Old 20-05-2003, 03:24 PM

Yes but what I meant was another kind of transmitter that will allow us to send Stereo sound wirelessly.

Old 20-05-2003, 05:23 PM

You're right Musikfrea-.. From what I read from the other poster it clearly sounded like they made the assumption that there would be an obligatory piece that one would have to attach to the phone.. I guess they weren't clear.. Moreover, I guess they missed the point when I stated that being that the P800 is already Bluetooth enabled then it would not require this extra piece. The extra piece was for ONLY non-bluetooth enabled devices. Again, I re-confirmed this with the manufacturer.. The dongle will be released, but it is purely optional.

Old 20-05-2003, 05:29 PM

The problem might be the software - does the headset profile support stereo audio transmission? I think not. So without a new firmware or a patch, no phone will be able to support this device. I do not even know what profile supports stereo sound, and much more so in high fidelity quality.
Ads

Old 26-08-2003, 01:59 AM

fonzki is on a distinguished road
I wish the P800 can send the music/ MP3 audio to a headset.

Just like when you receive a call, there will be a blue note that says "Sound transferred to headset", in the same way i hope that it can soon say in audio playing mode "Sound transferred to headset". So that we can use this:

For more details, look at the site.

Old 26-08-2003, 03:38 PM

gambit83 is on a distinguished road
I'm surprised its taken so long for something like this to be developed. I mean its obviously in high demand as I would love to be able to listen to music via BT. At the mo I'm making do with the standard handsfree kit given with the P800 but its not very good when a call comes in as due to the position of the mic the caller cannot always hear me... :roll:

Hope this is avaliable in three months and not later