All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Banned

4u2nv is on a distinguished road
My 9210's has been sent to Communicaid for extensive repairs, its only been a day, and i'm missing it so soo sooo much [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] !

But I should have it back tomorrow hopefully! [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Life without a 9210 is truly inconvenient!
[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]?????????????????????

I feel very naked when i go out!
[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Just hope that I get back tomorrow or Friday at the latest!
[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2002, 02:37 PM

AAY is on a distinguished road
You poor chap...I felt completely lost the last time I sent my 9210 in for a fix....and that was only for one hour!

Extensive repairs? What in the world happened to it??<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by AAY on 2002-06-12 1638 ]</font>

Old 12-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Banned

Well I had about 39 faults with it, here's a list of them below

1. Refuses to charge on a regular basis.
2. The return key keeps on sticking, when pressed once it double clicks.
3. The Communicator Screen freezes. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
4. The Communicator screen goes blank. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
5. When using the communicator the memory card disappears. (Battery and Memory Card has to be removed in order to get it to recognise a memory card again).
6. The Communicator Keypad freezes. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
7. The phone keypad freezes. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
8. The complete phone switches off and refuses to switch on. (Has to be plugged into the charger to get it to function again).
9. The phone keeps on switching off and restarting.
10. Unable to unlock the Communicator screen even though the unlock code has been typed in. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
11. The communicator screen sometimes turns red, black or blue. (Battery has to removed to get it to function again).
12. During a conversation, in the Ear piece the sound quality sometimes fades or is distorted even though the volume and reception is at maximum .
13. The Battery and Network Indicator’s on the Communicator Screen sometimes do not show any signal or battery strength, even though on the phone screen they are present, showing the signal strength and battery level.
14. The ‘Call End’ key on the phone pad does not respond, unless it is pressed down with excessive pressure.
15. The font changes in all of my word documents, when I try to change them back to the ‘New Times’ font, the font option has disappeared. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
16. When the Unlock code is entered into the phone screen it only unlocks the phone screen and not the communicator screen. (Battery has to be removed to get it to function again).
17. When I change the MMC Cards the communicator most times does not recognise the card unless I remove the battery and restart it.
19. The phone does not play the ring tone I have specifically selected everytime time, which I have chosen (wav format, see the tones folder in 9210 memory – Ferrari-F1.wav); it just keeps on playing the Nokia ring tone.
20. The following messages appear frequently not all at once though when, the 9210 is opened up, to get it to operate the battery has to removed as the screen freezes

20.1 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code E32USER-CBASE
Reason Number 63

20.2 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Number 64

20.3 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Number 62

20.4 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 0

20.5 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 3

20.6 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 4

20.7 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 6

20.8 Application AppArcServerThread
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 8

20.9 Application PDN SERVER
Reason Code Session Closed

20.10 Application WSL_OS_Thread_2
Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 0

The following messages cause the 9210 to crash when they appear about every 2 to 3 days or everyday

21 Note
Timed Out

22 Note
Not found

23 Playback error
Not found.

24 Database file does not exist

25 Can’t access application memory

26 Wav. Output failed

These messages below cause the screen to freeze up

27 Error
Lack of Resources
‘You have’ note only partially installed

28 Note
Unspecified Error

[addsig]

Old 12-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Banned

The list above was part of the one I sent to Communicaid!

[addsig]

Old 12-06-2002, 04:10 PM

Leo is on a distinguished road
Hi,

So sad you hav suuuuch a large list of faults with your Nokia.

I have the error message

Reason Code KERN-EXEC
Reason Number 3

that makes me unhappy; it comes along with all the programs from TomTom - I can't even start any of them.

Before it wasn't so, but after I tried out some dictionaries with localisations I enconter the problem with TomTom. All the other software is not injured at all.

I should, but I don't dare to send out my baby for repair, although I really miss e.g. Wireless Maps...

veps.de
veps.de/vatja

Old 13-06-2002, 02:20 PM

AAY is on a distinguished road
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-06-12 1710, 4u2nv wrote
The list above was part of the one I sent to Communicaid!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

Uhhh.....here's hoping they give you a whole new phone.....I've heard lots of Communicator users complain about their phones, but you take the prize for most complaints!

Sigh....if only Nokia could launch a new product that doesn't have a thousand faults at its debut...somehow I still think that my Diamond Mako is a better PDA than the 9210, and something like a 6510 or a T68 is easily a better phone than the 9210. If not for the integration between the phone and the PDA in the 9210, I would have dumped it long ago...
Ads

Old 13-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Banned

OH YES, I've rang up Communicate and I'm getting my 9210 back tomorrow!

I'II be counting the minutes!
[addsig]

Old 14-06-2002, 04:22 AM

T-Stoff is on a distinguished road
ehehe, its a large list! I have some of that errors too.. but today I broke up the cover screen.. not the screen it self.. but the one on the cover.. it was only a bit, but adding that to a scratch on the right side.. it looks like it was stolen or something [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I dont know how much would cost me to send it to repair.. but I think ill do that, I hate to have my 9210 like most of people has theyr vulgar [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] cell phone.. scratched.. broken.. with terrible taste covers and stuff.. I like it simple, clean and specialy brand new!! [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 18-06-2002, 02:08 PM

cmatthee is on a distinguished road
I handed in my 9210 for repair and it will only be finished on Friday. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] What am I going to do until then? I feel so lost.

Chris

Old 18-06-2002, 02:47 PM
Banned

Well I've got my 9210back, i received it on Monday, it was meant to come on Friday
[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img]

But at least i've got, it and it works perfectly, OH yes, it really is back to top form.

The on;ly advice I can give to you, is not to think about it, and just keep yourself occupied with some other device, I know it will be hard, but just think on the good time syou'll have when youget it back!

[addsig]