All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-04-2003, 07:02 PM

Me is on a distinguished road
odd thing with duo 128

I just got it, and I got a Sony magicgate reader/writer.

This is the thing, since I have a MAC I copied directly some music without formatting the disk first on my phone, so I then put the card in the ohone and the Audio app. doesn't find any music, so with file manager I access drive D and there it is, a whole mozart concerto I had copied...I click on a piece and much to my surprise it plays AND it shows a diferent screen, really cool in greay and with very nice presentation with entries for Title, author, artist, album e.t.c

Now, I have never seen this screen through the Mp3 player and I really like it.

The question is, where does it come from?

Old 20-04-2003, 07:40 PM

mope is on a distinguished road
You get this view if you click on a track from the list mode (the button to the right of the musical note).

Old 20-04-2003, 10:28 PM

Aaahhhh!! and here I was thinking I discovered America. Cool thing is I have a 128 card now

Old 21-04-2003, 12:10 AM

Muzikfreakah is on a distinguished road
You were saying that you used a MagiGate card reader? If so, then this might be your problem why the audio program wont let you see the songs. Try using an ordinary MS cardreader or copy a song directly to your phone without any reader(via cradle or IR or BT.) Hope this helps. This proabably because Magica gate is a an audio security function on the MagicGate which enables you to play music only on your device and not anywhere else(Sucks!) The thing is, P800 doesnt support this function(Hahaha, hooray for us) but with the MagicGate Card reader that your using, this mite have triggered this flaw thats happening to you now.

Old 21-04-2003, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikfreakah
You were saying that you used a MagiGate card reader? If so, then this might be your problem why the audio program wont let you see the songs. Try using an ordinary MS cardreader or copy a song directly to your phone without any reader(via cradle or IR or BT.) Hope this helps. This proabably because Magica gate is a an audio security function on the MagicGate which enables you to play music only on your device and not anywhere else(Sucks!) The thing is, P800 doesnt support this function(Hahaha, hooray for us) but with the MagicGate Card reader that your using, this mite have triggered this flaw thats happening to you now.

I'm sure the magicgate reader/writer isn't the problem here as the magicgate technology only affects atrac3 files not mp3s which I assume he was using.

me, did you put the songs into directly into the Audio folder? If so, remember you have to put it into one of the categories, eg. D:/...Audio/unfiled/

Hope that helps!

Sunil

Old 21-04-2003, 02:48 AM

Urs is on a distinguished road
I guess you forgot to create the directory structure that is required ...
... check your 16M Memory Stick for the layout.

Old 21-04-2003, 03:19 PM

You're all right. I did all of the above. I actually fixed it by formatting the card on the P800 first and then taking it out and filling it up with the reader. I think MG formatts differently for example they don't have an unfild folder, but as long as the card is formatted the writer/reader doesn't change anything. It's also very, very fast. I downloaded over an hour of music in less tham 8 minutes.

Anyway, works great now. Thank you all for your help