All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-06-2002, 04:13 AM

jeremym is on a distinguished road
Basically, I want to listen to my Mp3s on my Nokia 9290 in style... on the airplane. I don't want to listen to just using ONE earbud... I want to use some stereo headphones... any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Reply here or <!-- BBcode auto-mailto start -->mailtojeremym@boutell.comjeremym@boutell.com</a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end -->

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
If you check earlier threads you'll find this has been covered, but to save the hastle....

This has been achieved by taking a standard hands-free kit (the type where the mic and headphone connect to the little black box by a mini-jack, slpit it open (not breaking it) and remove the mic wire from the mini-jack and connect the headphone wire to what is now the left and right channel for your headphones. Now simply put the case back together (or tape it if you did break it), and insert your headphones to listen to your music in 2 ears instead of one.

NOTE Because of the way that electronics works, as the current will be slpit between 2 sepperate resistances instead of one, you will probably find that both the headphones are quieter than the single headphone was, but other factors will effect this too, i.e. the quality of cables and the resistance fo the speaker.
[addsig]
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.
Ads

Old 11-06-2002, 12:46 PM

But wouldn't that still be mono and not stereo?

Old 11-06-2002, 03:28 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Indeed, you can't just convert an mono output to an stereo output [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] But it just more fun to have 2 eardrops [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
[addsig]