All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 AM

hunters1094 is on a distinguished road
Install font S60 series

Hi

I want to install new font into Nokia S60 series (2nd, 3rd). And i know how to do it:
First connect memory card to computer and then copy font into folder Z:/resource/fonts.

But my assumption is my phone did not have a memory card.

So, how can i install the font in a similar way? (I dont want to install the FontRouter software and config FontRouter.ini)

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
You cannot copy anything to Z:/resource/fonts as it is ROM (Read-Only Memory) and updated only through flashing a new firmware version to the device. You can only read files from the Z-drive (but not from a PC; only from a file manager app on the phone).

You can use C:/resource/fonts (phone memory).

You can also use E:/resource/fonts which can be a secondary mass memory or a memory card.

You can also use F:/resource/fonts which, if the phone has a secondary mass memory, the memory card in that case.

http://darlamack.blogs.com/darlamack...ng_fonts_.html

Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 AM

hunters1094 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
You cannot copy anything to Z:/resource/fonts as it is ROM (Read-Only Memory) and updated only through flashing a new firmware version to the device. You can only read files from the Z-drive (but not from a PC; only from a file manager app on the phone).

You can use C:/resource/fonts (phone memory).

You can also use E:/resource/fonts which can be a secondary mass memory or a memory card.

You can also use F:/resource/fonts which, if the phone has a secondary mass memory, the memory card in that case.

http://darlamack.blogs.com/darlamack...ng_fonts_.html

I'm very appriciated. Thank you.

My second question:

I have a phone N70, it uses gdr format font. I want to install Laos Font in my phone. I used Easy GDR Creator to create font from ttf file (OpenType and TrueType), and copied font to C:/System/Fonts folder. My phone had read the font, but it could not display the Lao characters. Latin characters were ok.

Dont know while!

Can someone help me? thanks.
Ads