I've been using a Nokia 5230 for over a year now, and lately I noticed that when I delete an MP3 file through the music player, the file does get deleted but it's still on the list of files in the player. Even when I delete directly from the memory card through my PC, there's no change in the list after I put the card back in the phone and refresh the library (There's no problem adding files, just making them disappear from the list...).
Does anyone know how to solve this?
1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to "Show" hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select "Show hidden files and Folder"
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.
It is also my problem lately,the music files that i deleted is still in the playlist but if you play it doesnt play.And when i made a full software update the undeleted music file name does not anymore see there.Dont forget to update the music software and just have enough battery life and internet data for updating the software.