All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-04-2007, 11:24 PM

GazP is on a distinguished road
bluetooth GPS signal used for two apps?... N93

I use tomtom on my N93, aswell as my n80... its great for navigation, but it doesnt do any sort of track logging, so i could export data to a computer etc.

I found a great program called GeTrack which records gps data from any BT GPS reciever...

Now heres the problem.. the N93 can perfectly handle both programs running at the same time, but it wont share the bluetooth GPS signal with both apps. this means you can only use one at a time, but i often want to use both! eg on a long bike ride etc, can use tomtom for directions aswell as logging all the data for use later.. So i tried connecting TWO bluetooth gps receivers simultaneously, and like magic it worked perfectly.. (I Doubted this would work as i couldnt get it going on n80).

its a pain because you now need two recievers... i dont know why nokia dont make it so it works with multiple apps..

anyway..
The great thing about getrack is it shows you on the screen the track/speed profile/altitude profile etc... and exports to a standard .gpx file, which can be used with many things eg google earth, or a website called uTrack, which takes the gpx file and outputs a nicely presented webpage with all the info like total climbing/flat/descent distance, avg climbing/flat/descent speed, top speed etc, aswell as plotting the course over an interactive google map.

if anyone knows a way that you can do this without 2 receivers, let me know!
Ads