All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #46  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
ironass's Avatar
ironass ironass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cotswolds, U.K.
Posts: 1,508
ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet View Post
I just checked under device updates, there is a update version 22.0.110available.
Not for my Euro product code (see signature below).

What product code are you on and have you tried to download and install it ajeet?

*EDIT*

Not available through NSU but is on OTA in Applications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scr000222.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	4890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scr000223.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	4891  
__________________
N8 Release PR1.2 Software version 014.002 date 2011-03-01 Product code 0598980 Manufactured Finland

Last edited by ironass; 01-07-2010 at 07:50 AM.

  #47  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
ajeet ajeet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 88
ajeet is on a distinguished road
My product code is 0586199. I have just had it installed. Have not seen anything obvious change. I don't see anything in the installation log.

  #48  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 AM
ironass's Avatar
ironass ironass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cotswolds, U.K.
Posts: 1,508
ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet View Post
My product code is 0586199. I have just had it installed. Have not seen anything obvious change. I don't see anything in the installation log.
Do you have Memory Reorganiser in Applications ajeet?
__________________
N8 Release PR1.2 Software version 014.002 date 2011-03-01 Product code 0598980 Manufactured Finland

  #49  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 AM
ajeet ajeet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 88
ajeet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Do you have Memory Reorganiser in Applications ajeet?
No, the only thing I noticed is a small increase in the available RAM about 1MB.

  #50  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
ashg77 ashg77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
ashg77 is on a distinguished road
I did an OTA upgrade this morning. My product code is 0570817

Only thing I've noticed so far is more memory on bootup. If I find more improvements I'll report back here.

  #51  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
edie209 edie209 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
edie209 is on a distinguished road
I did the OTA upgrade and now the phone will boot to the white screen with the blue nokia and then reboots, it continues to to do this.

Any ideas ?

  #52  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Fleksnes Fleksnes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 52
Fleksnes is on a distinguished road
Changelog:


Data package content, corrections or changes :
Corrections to TOP ~15 issues reported in the field
OTC cases fixed:
Wrong Cherry number used in Russia and Spain
“System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.

Genius cases fixed:

Contacts performance improvement:
#144324: Voice dialing not working when there are 2000+ entries stored in Contacts.
#134637: Phone prompts “Memory full” when searching for names

Localisation & language variant specific:
#154188: Message editor crashes and writing fails if predictive text input is On. (Arabic UI, v15 language variant)
#146139: Scrolling to left and right works the wrong way around in Photos – Captured when using Arabic UI
#147509: QWERTY keypad input does not work correctly with Calculator. (Chinese language variants: v19, v25, v26)
#139207: “Slide to Answer” localization error (Hebrew)
#140654: Localisation error in Bluetooth Audio – “Set as (un)authorized” (Czech)

Misc:
#141675: “Security module error” shown in display occasaionally at start-up
#147863: Occasionally device hangs and restarts soon after start-up.
#137558: Device keylock opens (although it shouldn’t) when dialing a number using a carkit. (CK-300, CK-600, also some non-Nokia, factory installed car kits)

Others:
Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.



Source: http://dailymobile.se/2010/07/01/nok...ngelog-inside/
Ads

  #53  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM
edie209 edie209 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
edie209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by edie209 View Post
I did the OTA upgrade and now the phone will boot to the white screen with the blue nokia and then reboots, it continues to to do this.

Any ideas ?
After much time playing trying to get into the phone OS I managed to get it to start with the USB cable connected before I switched the phone on. So I thought I would use NSU to go back to the old firmware however Version 22.0.110 is now on NSU so I am going to try this fingers crossed .......

  #54  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
edie209 edie209 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
edie209 is on a distinguished road
Well I managed to get the phone running BUT I am now getting System Error and Memory Full messages, when I click on an application such as Nokia Messaging.

Is anyone else experiencing any issues?

  #55  
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
davecozens's Avatar
davecozens davecozens is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 812
davecozens is on a distinguished road
Mine seems less responsive in general after a hard reset. Another quality product update courtesy of Nokia.

(Come on T-Mobile, release the iPhone4 already!)
__________________
Dave

NEW: Tweet & Share GPS location: Locator

Fed up of Adware on Ovi? See my Freeware, Wallpaper and Accessories sites...

FREE News Widgets for Symbian, UK Traffic, News, Football, Movies and Gadgets/Tech.

More at www.davecozens.com/

  #56  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
ironass's Avatar
ironass ironass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cotswolds, U.K.
Posts: 1,508
ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksnes View Post
Changelog:



“System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.


Others:
Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.



Source: http://dailymobile.se/2010/07/01/nok...ngelog-inside/
Nice one Fleksnes!

Used to get "Memory error" on start-up.

Please God... let it be true about sorting the Nokia ringtone.
__________________
N8 Release PR1.2 Software version 014.002 date 2011-03-01 Product code 0598980 Manufactured Finland

  #57  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
V22 eh? Looks like I won't see it for a few weeks yet
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

  #58  
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Just-Nick's Avatar
Just-Nick Just-Nick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Just-Nick is on a distinguished road
food for thought

I just wanted to go ahead and put this out there...

Back during firmware roulette, about a month ago, the two firmware versions we saw displayed were v22.0.108 and v30.0.016. I always found it a little weird that a the firmware system could be playing up but still returning such consistent and logical results when queried.
I theorised, in my own personal musings, that the firmware system must be hooked up to their own project repositories and that maybe v22.0.108 and v30.0.016 were version numbers for current projects entered into the system and that the error was a human error, meaning someone accidentally hit the "is live" flag while setting up the new projects (and was fired as a result).
Acting quickly to the uproar about firmware v30 coming out they Nokia jumped in and fixed up the flag for that firmware. Exposing v22 as the latest version which they then fixed up later.

Now lets jump back to today, Nokia have released v22.0.110 which is a mere 2 minor revisions above the firmware we saw a month ago.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! This is clearly _UNDENIABLE_ proof that I am correct and by extension I am some form of deity, granted human form so that I may walk among these beings I created known as man.

So what does that mean?
Not a lot really except that v30 is in production which I would have assumed any way. I wouldn't expect to see this firmware for at least 3 months probably longer as if v30 was any closer than that releasing v22 would be a waste of effort.

What do you guys think?
Also it's strange, I only ever seem to post at firmware time...

  #59  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Generaldread Generaldread is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Generaldread is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Nick View Post
I just wanted to go ahead and put this out there...

Back during firmware roulette, about a month ago, the two firmware versions we saw displayed were v22.0.108 and v30.0.016. I always found it a little weird that a the firmware system could be playing up but still returning such consistent and logical results when queried.
I theorised, in my own personal musings, that the firmware system must be hooked up to their own project repositories and that maybe v22.0.108 and v30.0.016 were version numbers for current projects entered into the system and that the error was a human error, meaning someone accidentally hit the "is live" flag while setting up the new projects (and was fired as a result).
Acting quickly to the uproar about firmware v30 coming out they Nokia jumped in and fixed up the flag for that firmware. Exposing v22 as the latest version which they then fixed up later.

Now lets jump back to today, Nokia have released v22.0.110 which is a mere 2 minor revisions above the firmware we saw a month ago.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! This is clearly _UNDENIABLE_ proof that I am correct and by extension I am some form of deity, granted human form so that I may walk among these beings I created known as man.

So what does that mean?
Not a lot really except that v30 is in production which I would have assumed any way. I wouldn't expect to see this firmware for at least 3 months probably longer as if v30 was any closer than that releasing v22 would be a waste of effort.

What do you guys think?
Also it's strange, I only ever seem to post at firmware time...
Interesting point, here is my two cents:

I though Nokia would implement Symbian^3 features in the V30 firmware just like the S^2 features we got (you known them..) but they will not release V30 till the N8 with Symbian^3 is released, which sounds logic. So I say they will release the V30 (with Symbian^3 features) when the N8 is released.

Maybe wishfull thinking BUT there is a V30 comming up...

  #60  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Just-Nick's Avatar
Just-Nick Just-Nick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Just-Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaldread View Post
Interesting point, here is my two cents:

I though Nokia would implement Symbian^3 features in the V30 firmware just like the S^2 features we got (you known them..) but they will not release V30 till the N8 with Symbian^3 is released, which sounds logic. So I say they will release the V30 (with Symbian^3 features) when the N8 is released.

Maybe wishfull thinking BUT there is a V30 comming up...
That timing makes sence but it didn't even cross my mind.
I'm hoping for Symbian^3 features to be ported in v30 as well. I would love to see multiple homescreens but i would be happy with a one touch ui.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
30.0.016, 30.x, 30x, firmware, n97, new firmware, pipeline

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firmware upgrade needed for Nokia 6600.. nightnews Nokia 6600 and 6620 1 27-09-2007 03:31 AM
[PLEASE] Firmware upgrade without knowing version??? mtrimpe Siemens SX1 1 10-05-2005 06:46 PM
New Firmware for the P800: R2D02 rickpaul Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 2 14-08-2003 02:29 PM
Firmware details confidential ? aCiDByTe Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 3 20-06-2003 05:41 PM
A "Feedback" from Nokia H.K. on firmware update!! manman Nokia 7650 4 26-09-2002 10:46 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy