All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
How to: print photos via Wi-Fi from your Nseries phone

Armed with the new HP iPrint Photo utility, Steve Litchfield walks you through the process of printing photos directly from your Nseries phone - no wires, no fuss. What could go wrong? See also the PS for those without a Wi-Fi-enabled printer.

Read on in the full article.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
If your printer has a USB port you can also plugin your phone using it's data cable.
One thing I have never understood is why the N series phones never had printing built in like the E Series phones.
On devices like the E71 you could print over wifi without having to install any extra software, and not just photos, you could print Emails, web pages, notes etc.

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Old 05-03-2010, 08:48 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
all n-series phones?

I doubt it'll work on my N900 phone.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

It won't work on the N900 - just wait for people to build a printer INTO the N900.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
"I doubt it'll work on my N900 phone."

Well, no, but then this is All About Symbian. Shouldn't you be on All About Maemo?

8-)

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

LAN printing and Bluetooth

Quite a few of HP's printers support bluetooth (either built in or via a dongle plugged in to the USB port on the front) - you can print straight to the printer by sending the document via bluetooth. Not sure whether this is just for pictures as that's the only thing I've sent over bluetooth, it might work for any document.

LAN enabled printers can use HP's utility if they are plugged into a wireless router. For those with a BT wireless router (and several others), you can plug in a usb printer to the router to get the same effect.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Another way to make a "normal" printer wireless is to buy a wireless printer server. Because we have Macs and PCs at home, I bought an Apple Airport Express, which has a USB port into which a printer can be plugged. It's quite cheap and fairly reliable.

One thing I like (which is fairly useless but amusing nevertheless) is that I can print on the printer at home from my E90 while out and about via GPRS/3G.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
markilou

WIFI printers other than HP ?

will it work with non HP WIFI printers ?
Ads

Old 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Sockatume

I've got an HP printer connected to my router by ethernet, from which it's shared over my wireless network. I must emphasise that this printer has no bluetooth. I can print on it from my N79 without the HP app, I just tell the phone to seek bluetooth printers and it picks up the printer on the wireless network and does its thing. One of my fave undocumented features on S60.