All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Rocker4500 is on a distinguished road
Would this Void my Manufacturers Warranty on N95

Ok, so basically what has happened is that my screen on my N95 has just stopped working, the phone still works as i can output it to my TV etc. The backlight on the screen works however there is just no display. I think i could possibly be the screen ribbon that is loose.

I have had it for 13 moths and Orange told me that it is still under its 24 month manufacturers warranty. However i have to send it away as i am not near a repair centre. This taking about 2 weeks.

If i opened it up and checked to see if it was the ribbon (i know how and know where the ribbon is) would this void the manufacturers warranty on it?

Cheers

Gary
Ads

Old 16-07-2008, 01:16 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Opening it up would void any warranty. If you have a nokia service centre in your area, just bring it to them.

Rosa Parks is my idol for I too refuse to get up out of my seat.

Old 17-07-2008, 05:12 AM

mdw.rdam is on a distinguished road
2 wks vs. 2 hrs ;-)

I can imagine your dillemma, 2weeks without the N95 (minimal) or 2 hours max and it'll be working again...., the latter option would probably be my choice.

For you, just do whatever you can to maintain the warranty. I just spent 2-3 weeks accepting the fact my N95 had gone useless. It slipped my fingers and bounced up and down on the floor (as it had done so many times before) this time the display cracked and went dark with some shiummers her and there.

I found myself looking for a new phone (and contract ;-( ) when I bumped into the solution at this site. "oh, u gotta replace the display with a new one" was the comment I got.

Stupid me, never thought of that as an option, last weekend replaced it myself, so broke the warranty, but it's working again. If you wanna make an assessment of how hard it is (NOT!) have look on youtube, there's loads of vids of wanna-be-instructors showing you what to do.

greetz

Bas