All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-02-2008, 11:13 PM

hus is on a distinguished road
Music Player

When I transfer music from my computer to my Z8, it only appears in my file manager. i then have to manually upload each individual song to a play list, rather than it appear naturally in the 'artist', 'album' or 'track' folder. is there anyway in which this can be achieved so that i can browse my music via the media player rather than manaully throught the playlists?
Ads

Old 21-02-2008, 07:06 PM

plinkykev is on a distinguished road
When you say "transfer to the phone", how are you doing it?

If you're using Windows Media Player plug-in (latest version - 1.0.2.7 - is here, then they should go into the right place anyway, and be picked up automatically by the Media Player.

If you copy over by PC Sync or Mass Stoage mode, you need to put the files into the right folder, being Media Files/Audio/Music, and again, the Media Player should pick the stuff up ok again.

Old 26-02-2008, 12:26 PM

hus is on a distinguished road
Im using PC Sync, but it still doesn't show the tracks in the right place. Ill try the link and see if that works, thank you.