All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-07-2007, 02:40 PM

nanosec is on a distinguished road
Themes icon vanished from E65 Menu

Hi, I was having problems removing themes that I had installed onto the memory card on my E65. They were not appearing under application manager and gave no option for removal under Themes in the Menu. So I followed the instructions posted by [GT] in the thread someone posted in this same forum subsection titled something like 'I can't delete themes on my N73'.

The imstructions [GT] posted were: - "connect ur phone to pc select mass storage mode click on private folder open it look for folder named 10207114 click on it and then click import folder u will see the themes folders just select the one u want to delete press c thats it...wont harm the phone, as i encountered the same problem once".

This worked for removing themes that were installed on the memory card, however when I went back into the menu in my phone (after removing the data cable from PC/Phone) the themes icon was gone and now I cannot access themes or load any new ones onto the phone and I am now left with the default nokia theme that the phone came with. I cannot understand why removing themes manually from the memory card would affect the phone's themes app/icon, and I have no idea how to resolve the issue.

Please help! I would really like to resolve this asap.

Many thanks

Old 16-07-2007, 09:06 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
Have you tried to reboot the phone without memory card and give it another shot? Themes should work as the application is stored in ROM and it cannot be deleted.