All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM

VinterKrig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
Sorry - another question about aspect ratio in Super.

I'd like to encode a widescreen movie so that it's full screen on the phone.

When I choose 4:3 on the menu the picture becomes tall and thin becuase it's squashing the sides in to fit.

What I'd like it to do is lose the sides of the film so that it fills the full height of the phones screen and keeps the right proportions.

Is this possable?

Many thanks

EDIT: I've just seen the crop / pad option on the above screen shot - maybe this is what I need?
Yes, it´s possible, with cropping. But that´s plain stupid if You ask me. Why would You want to lose important video from sides? You can have the right aspect by FIRST clicking Video scale size 320x240, and then clicking 16:9 from the aspect ratio. And disable "stretch it" like I said in my previous post (with a pic). With those settings things don´t get streched, You have all proportions correct. With black bars up and bottom of course.

If You really wanna cut important info off, try playing with the crop figurations.
If I need to crop, I use VirtualDub cause You can preview the conversion while editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyparson
Which settings should i use for my E60 with this super program?
E60 has bigger screen (352 x 416) so You better raise the video bitrate. Try first using 384kbps. If it´s blocky go higher. And select 14,985fps, I think it will jerk if You try 30fps[/quote]

Last edited by VinterKrig; 11-06-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 PM

VinterKrig is on a distinguished road
Sorry about the doublepost.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 AM

redda2 is on a distinguished road
i keep getting this error after using super to convert files (opening with real player on n73)

"unable to play either sound or video clip trying to play partially"
i can get sound but no video

here is my super settings

img512.imageshack.us/img512/2035/superob1.jpg

Am I doing anything wrong?

Last edited by redda2; 03-07-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM

Ok, i figured it out

n73 doesn't support the H.264 codec, had to use the mpeg-4 codec instead

Old 12-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Luckyu is on a distinguished road
Hi. Im a new user here, sry my bad english. i would to know can i watch videos whit full screen. If some1 could tell me that would be nice. Pls dont say read above or search because ive search soo muchh sry if this was a bad question.

Old 18-07-2007, 12:05 PM

i think select the stretch option

Old 19-07-2007, 01:34 AM

naughtydude is on a distinguished road
i think few people have ask how to convert a 16:9 to 4:3 without stretching it...well heres my way:

On Super, drag a video in the input list.
Select MP4 as an output
Select MPEG-4 for video codec
AAC for audio codec
On the VIDEO BOX click on crop/pad under Options
New window will appear
Check on Pad ON
I usually just put 32 on the top and bottom and 0 on right and left.
Frame per Secs will be atleast 25 to 30, i use 29.97
Aspect will be 4:3
and video size will something like 320x240 or 640x480 or something that is equal to 4:3 ratio...
ON the AUDIO Box, choose 48000 for sampling frequency, 2 channels, 256 for bitrate (I chose these settings for good sound quality).
Then start to encode it. When finished you will have an MP4 file. So now ur ready convert the mp4 to avi(divx) for divx player for your phone...

all you need to do is convert the mp4 to avi on super with 320x240 4:3 size with good sound quality and thats it! you have a wide screen video on ur phone!

Old 15-08-2007, 10:32 PM

dumwaldo is on a distinguished road
I have been encoding and reencoding video for many years now and I have to say his entire guide and the methods suggested just gave me a headache. I played around a bit with Super and found it to be very user UNfriendly and somewhat lacking. I also think Real Player is gak and I won't use it on my computer so to hell with making it my primary video player on my phone.

All in all, it took me only a few hours to completely dismiss everything said in this thread and download the FREE DivX mobile player and return to my trusty old VirtualDub/MPEG2 mod for conversions.

I don't have to struggle with aspect ratios since I can use ANY aspect ratio I want. This is a pretty nice feature when dealing with 'early bootleged' movies that might not follow the 16:9 or 4:3 aspect properly. Heck, if I want I can force these types of films into the proper aspect ratio without distorting the picture since I can crop stuff.

I am sorry but this entire discussion just seems like effort towards settling for what you can get. I say, if you are going to put forward the effort then put it towards a good direction and I do not think this thread points members in a good direction.

I did not write all this criticism and think I could post it and run. I fully realize what is going to follow. I expect a bunch of post from people saying 'if you think it sucks then lets see you write a better one'. Well I am completely willing to do that, but before I do it I would like to see some of those replies challenging me to do so. I want to know there is some interest in this and I am not writing something for a disinterested crowd.

See, I just want to know that my effort is going towards a good direction. I don't need to foist advice on people to validate myself but I would like to help if anybody is interested in the help.

peace,
dumwaldo

Old 26-08-2007, 03:44 PM

6illes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumwaldo View Post
I have been encoding and reencoding video for many years now and I have to say his entire guide and the methods suggested just gave me a headache. I played around a bit with Super and found it to be very user UNfriendly and somewhat lacking. I also think Real Player is gak and I won't use it on my computer so to hell with making it my primary video player on my phone.

All in all, it took me only a few hours to completely dismiss everything said in this thread and download the FREE DivX mobile player and return to my trusty old VirtualDub/MPEG2 mod for conversions.

I don't have to struggle with aspect ratios since I can use ANY aspect ratio I want. This is a pretty nice feature when dealing with 'early bootleged' movies that might not follow the 16:9 or 4:3 aspect properly. Heck, if I want I can force these types of films into the proper aspect ratio without distorting the picture since I can crop stuff.

I am sorry but this entire discussion just seems like effort towards settling for what you can get. I say, if you are going to put forward the effort then put it towards a good direction and I do not think this thread points members in a good direction.

I did not write all this criticism and think I could post it and run. I fully realize what is going to follow. I expect a bunch of post from people saying 'if you think it sucks then lets see you write a better one'. Well I am completely willing to do that, but before I do it I would like to see some of those replies challenging me to do so. I want to know there is some interest in this and I am not writing something for a disinterested crowd.

See, I just want to know that my effort is going towards a good direction. I don't need to foist advice on people to validate myself but I would like to help if anybody is interested in the help.

peace,
dumwaldo
Hi, i'm interested... Where can I download divx mobile? I can't login on stage6 :s. Can you upload it maybe?

Thx
Ads

Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 AM

lion89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by monmon_4 View Post
Yea that's a pretty good guide. Maybe someone will sticky it. I like how it's very comprehensive. I actually haven't tried converting anything in terms of video to play on my n73 so Ill give this method a shot instead of doing it the normal way I usually do. Btw, does anyone know if the iPod Video plays mp4 AVC? I'm lazy to search.
i really thought that the guide was going 2 help but the link was in french! but it sounds like u no how 2 convert files and put them on the n73 could you talk me through plzz i really am struggeling wb plz

Old 26-09-2007, 09:42 PM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Can anyone tell me how to join together a number of MP4 files?

When I rip a DVD I get multiple VOB files. When I drag all the VOB files into Super I then get one MP4 file for each VOB file.

How do I get to a single MP4 file for the movie?

Old 27-09-2007, 02:50 PM

bliss81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinterKrig View Post

DivXplayer is practicly a clone of SmartMovie. This will propably work for like next 3 months or so. Donīt really know since I use SmartMovie for to watch .avi files.

Any more questions, just ask.
i converted a file using M3 to an mp4 file. put it on my phone, but the divxplayer can't seem to find it. i have 0.88 version. it recognizes the avi files i put on it, but not mp4. is there anything i can do to play mp4s on it, b/c i heard it is supposed to. does M3 convert to avi?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 PM

kallevespa is on a distinguished road
Hi there, I get the same problem.
when I load your profile, it puts mp3 as output?
when I put MP4 as output again, all your other settings are "gone" I tried to reload your profile but it happens all the time. Btw I allowed myself to open your profile with notepad++
but I have no path like the one in your profile?

[RealProducer]
Path=C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi7\Projects\Programs \WINFFM~1

thatīs perhaps why?
could you post a screen shot with all your settings on it so we could make our own profile?

regards

Old 15-01-2008, 02:09 PM

mahesham22 is on a distinguished road
Slow Audio Volume.. (Video is perfect)

thanks everyone for this good effort. I am getting Excellent quality video and audio with SUPER but

very slow volume level, can anyone help me how to increase the audio volume ?? tried at 50db in Other Options, but didn't work

I tried to convert 7 videos, but all of them gives very low volume

plz help..

Old 22-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Qha is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up DivX Mobile

I've got N73ME and after testing all the stuff I think this guide is not the best way to convert movies/series.

I've got quite excellent results with Super using mpeg4/avc but it's not the best way for a few reasons:

1. Super gets error nearly every time I try to encode something. DirectShow doesn't help.
2. Real Player sucks. It starts slowly and you cannot rewind in fullscreen. It can't handle 25fps mpeg4, only about 15fps.

After that I tried DivX mobile and that's the way to go. It easily handles 25fps divX files, which surprised me positively. I thought that divX would be a heavier format than mpeg4. With DivX the image quality is very good even with only 60MB/20min. DivX mobile is also free and it starts instantly. It immediately shows all divX files on your phone and it remembers where you left watching last time.

My piece of advice is to use DivX converter using "mobile"-profile, and forcing filesize to about 60-100MB/20min. Unfortunately the converter is only trial unless you have divX pro. You can try encoding to divX with super too, the results should be same. Play the file using DivX mobile. You have to register to get it free (from divx.com/mobile). Forget about RealPlayer and Mpeg4/avc.