All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > Symbian^3 phones (N8, C7, C6-01, E7-00)

Poll: Do you have the power management problem on your N8?
Poll Options
Do you have the power management problem on your N8?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
If you have an n8 please post here

We keep hearing about the N8 power management problem on various websites and forums I thought it would be useful to try to get an idea of what proportion of N8 owners actually have the problem.

So please post your reply in the poll if you have an N8.

CURRENT Status: 105 : 7 : 14 as of 6th Jan 2011

The faulty percentage is now just over 11%

Last edited by xerxes; 06-01-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Update scores

Old 06-12-2010, 12:59 AM

Wishmaker is on a distinguished road
Good initiative. I am also interested in knowing if more devices are plagued. I ordered an N8 and an iPhone 4. The N8 arrived from Finland last monday and I am still waiting for the iPhone 4. Will arrive after x-mas. Anywho, I would love to give feedback but as I mentioned in the thread I opened, I am at uni in england and the phone is home, in Luxembourg. I will give extensive feedback about the N8 around the 17/18/19 of December. That is when I fly back home.

In the interim, I am looking forward to seeing helpful information in this thread.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:17 AM

jerm is on a distinguished road
no issues with me over here

Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 AM

bobby&m is on a distinguished road
I to have this problem and now i wait for a new replacement.Maybe is good to know what product code have .My was 0599756,dark grey.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Wishmaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby&m View Post
I to have this problem and now i wait for a new replacement.Maybe is good to know what product code have .My was 0599756,dark grey.
This is comforting. Mine is dark grey too. I hope I won't have these problems.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM

kivoleung is on a distinguished road
I bought my N8 2 weeks ago. Works very well. No problem found. I like it very much especially when the new skype and youtube client is released yesterday.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM

albertorrent is on a distinguished road
I have not the power management problem but the restart problem wich is a bit different.

it is explain there :

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/.../false#M242868

i'm waiting for my phone to come back from NCC
Ads

Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 PM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
The poll has now been open for one week.

681 people have viewed this thread and 61 have posted their status in the poll. At this point approx 11.5% of responses show a problem with their handset (which seems pretty high to me)!

It's obviously good that Nokia has acknowledged the problem and is offering replacements but it's a bit concerning that only one person has posted that they have actually received the replacement.

Hopefully if people continue to post in the poll we will see a drastic decline in the percentage that have the problem after Christmas.

Old 14-12-2010, 04:40 PM

strcmp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
681 people have viewed this thread and 61 have posted their status in the poll. At this point approx 11.5% of responses show a problem with their handset (which seems pretty high to me)!
I'd say that most of those 681 people viewing will have not had a problem either, or they would be much more likely to respond. The real failure rate amongst readers is probably closer to 1.3% than 10% and even that is likely to be higher than the real rate purely because the readers here are more likely to be early adopters and the issue is supposedly affecting early shipments.

Old 14-12-2010, 08:39 PM

nbriscoeuk is on a distinguished road
Not filling in the poll but.....

I took delivery of an N8 this afternoon.

No real problem with the phone - the major one is the fact that the supplied electric connector is not a UK plug. It looks like one, but its dimensions simply do not fit a UK 3 pin socket.

Never mind, I'm charging the phone via the USB connector from my Netbook.

In the meantime, my first impressions of the phone can be found at http://bit.ly/hwoTIF

We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but first impressions are good, esp. as Voda say they will sort out my electric plug issue.

Regards
Neil

Old 14-12-2010, 09:57 PM

GeeBee is on a distinguished road
I received an N8 mid-November (made in Finland, bought in Denmark). Three days later, as I was reading about the failure issue, it dies quietly sitting on the desk next to me. It had well and truly passed away, so I handed it in to Nokia Service (Denmark) and got a replacement N8 (new IMEI, also made in Finland) two weeks later (about ten business days).

Not a great situation of course, but I got a replacement without any discussions and I am enjoying the new set, no problems to report. Apps I purchased in the Ovi store for the old set installed to the new set w/o any problems, in case anyone is wondering.

Any regrets? Yes. Black is a bit dull, and I should have probably waited for the orange color, which should be coming to the Scandinavian market soon :-D

GB

Old 15-12-2010, 12:44 AM

wenglishboy is on a distinguished road
Whats the problem?

Have you tried pulling the top pin up? the plug is a space saving design and the top middle pin simply pops up into the correct position.

In regard to the power problem - what exactly is the problem - my phone never lasts a day! even though im in work most the day and the phone is just in standby to me thats a major power issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbriscoeuk View Post
I took delivery of an N8 this afternoon.

No real problem with the phone - the major one is the fact that the supplied electric connector is not a UK plug. It looks like one, but its dimensions simply do not fit a UK 3 pin socket.

Never mind, I'm charging the phone via the USB connector from my Netbook.

In the meantime, my first impressions of the phone can be found at http://bit.ly/hwoTIF

We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but first impressions are good, esp. as Voda say they will sort out my electric plug issue.

Regards
Neil

Old 15-12-2010, 05:09 AM

Ubetido is on a distinguished road
No power problems here, but where are WLM and or Nokia(chat) Messaging or are these just made up Nokia Vaporware ?

Old 16-12-2010, 04:02 AM

cambo is on a distinguished road
never had any probs at with mine. i notice that percentage is dropping lower on the pole now. i really think the faults are limited to a very small percenatge

Old 16-12-2010, 04:05 AM

cambo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
The poll has now been open for one week.

It's obviously good that Nokia has acknowledged the problem and is offering replacements but it's a bit concerning that only one person has posted that they have actually received the replacement.

Hopefully if people continue to post in the poll we will see a drastic decline in the percentage that have the problem after Christmas.
i think if every one with an n8 voted i am sure the percentage would be nearer to 1%.
world wide its probably .01%