All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-11-2010, 08:55 AM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Does the N8 Have the SyncML Client?

Sorry to keep pestering you guys with so many questions but can any of you N8 owners tell me if it still has the Sync app that allows syncing with a syncML server and also whether Nokia has finally included a way to schedule the sync (hourly etc)?

SyncML is crucial to me so I can't get an N8 if it's not there. I used to use Swim to schedule the syncing on my N95 but I cannot see a Symbian^3 compatible version anywhere. I know timed syncs are built into the SE Vivaz so I'm hoping that Nokia has also included it now.

Old 22-11-2010, 09:39 AM

jonek is on a distinguished road
Short version: yes on all counts.

Long version: the sync app is still there and now has 'sync scheduling' as an option. That allows for Manual only; Many times per day; Once a day; Every 2 days; Every week; Once a month.

The 'Many times per day' option breaks down to peak and off-peak times with options for Every 15 minutes; Every hour; Every 2 hours; Every 4 hours; Every 12 hours.

Quite what differentiates peak and off-peak is not clear, but it appears all the options are there.

Hope that helps.

Jon
Ads

Old 22-11-2010, 10:37 AM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonek View Post
Short version: yes on all counts.

Long version: the sync app is still there and now has 'sync scheduling' as an option. That allows for Manual only; Many times per day; Once a day; Every 2 days; Every week; Once a month.

The 'Many times per day' option breaks down to peak and off-peak times with options for Every 15 minutes; Every hour; Every 2 hours; Every 4 hours; Every 12 hours.

Quite what differentiates peak and off-peak is not clear, but it appears all the options are there.

Hope that helps.

Jon
Thanks Jon, that certainly does help.

Now if I could just figure out the impact of the power management issue I might be able to get my order in...