All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-11-2010, 09:04 PM

tanzi7 is on a distinguished road
Trying to turn off wifi on Nokia C7!!

I have today bought the C7 and have been setting it up (which has taken me ages) I am trying to turn off wifi but when I turn it off within 5 seconds it switches itself back on again, how do I turn it off and use it manually, I have looked everywhere but just can't find the right setting Grrr
Ads

Old 14-11-2010, 04:34 AM

samson432 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzi7 View Post
I have today bought the C7 and have been setting it up (which has taken me ages) I am trying to turn off wifi but when I turn it off within 5 seconds it switches itself back on again, how do I turn it off and use it manually, I have looked everywhere but just can't find the right setting Grrr
Quick way: touch the wifi icon give drop down box. Inside it the one with double arrows lead you to connectivity. Then choose WLAN and under WLAN availability choose Settings with Never.
But I strongly encourage to set up Destinations in settings of Connectivity menu. List the most desired connections (called Access points) in priority in the default Internet destination.
This will give you peace of mind on your data usage and best network control forever.

Old 14-11-2010, 08:45 PM

Thank you for that, I am not sure what you mean about setting up destinations but will have a look and see if I can figure it out as I am not that teckie minded, I do like the phone I think although it's been quite a while since I have had a symbian phone, anyway thanks again.

Old 15-11-2010, 02:13 PM

samson432 is on a distinguished road
Destinations briefly explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzi7 View Post
Thank you for that, I am not sure what you mean about setting up destinations but will have a look and see if I can figure it out as I am not that teckie minded, I do like the phone I think although it's been quite a while since I have had a symbian phone, anyway thanks again.
Since Symbian S60v5, they used Destinations to match the best data channel for digital usage such as mms, video streaming, WAP, Internet. Within the destinations one can prioritize the most desired connection based on bandwidth or cost. So for example, when at home you want to auto use your wifi at home to surf to save your 3G , place your wifi at higher priority over your 3G data surf connection.

When you are out, wifi is not available it will auto use your 3G for surfing.
I hope this make it more obvious for you.

Old 16-11-2010, 10:57 AM

Thank you samson432 I think I undersatnd I just have to work out how to actually set the settings and where to find them, anyway thank you for all your help, it's thanks to people like you that make it easier to understand for people like me....