All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 17-07-2010, 10:46 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile RAM use = 14,2 MB

I checqued both , O. Mob. 10.0 and O. Mob. 10.1 beta . Starting up the browsers 14.2 MB of RAM are used equally .

Regards jApi NL

Old 17-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Frobisher is on a distinguished road
Which phone did you run the SunSpider benchmark on? I was unable to complete a run of it on my N97 Mini because it kept running out of memory. On Opera 10.0 it ran to completion (but took twice as long as the time in your screenshot, so either 10.1 is a lot faster or you ran it on a faster phone).

There is a comment in the release notes that says "Somewhat higher memory usage, especially on JavaScript intensive sites", so hopefully this is something that will be fixed at some point. Until then I've found 10.1 unusable on some sites, e.g. the BBC site, as it always runs out of memory. Of course Nokia must carry some responsibility for the woefully inadequate amount of RAM in their phones.

Old 17-07-2010, 06:34 PM

davidgilson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
Which phone did you run the SunSpider benchmark on? I was unable to complete a run of it on my N97 Mini because it kept running out of memory. On Opera 10.0 it ran to completion (but took twice as long as the time in your screenshot, so either 10.1 is a lot faster or you ran it on a faster phone).

There is a comment in the release notes that says "Somewhat higher memory usage, especially on JavaScript intensive sites", so hopefully this is something that will be fixed at some point. Until then I've found 10.1 unusable on some sites, e.g. the BBC site, as it always runs out of memory. Of course Nokia must carry some responsibility for the woefully inadequate amount of RAM in their phones.
I ran the Sun Spider test with Rafe's 5530.

Old 18-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

re. The bookmarks issue- ive signed into Opera link in an attempt to share bookmarks between 10.0 and 10.1. Whats happened tho is that bookmarks from my desktop Opera now appear on 10.1. Is there any way to transfer between mobile browsers and ignoee the desk top? Thanks in advance!
Ads