Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 AM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Vodafone Users -- Changes to your contract

Beware : Fair use policy changes

http://www.bitterwallet.com/how-to-c...-and-templates
Ads

Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 PM

dog-man is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, if this is true, I will be cancelling and they can chase me to hell for any money.

Part of the reason I went with VF was the 'unlimited Internet' part.

If they modify that, they can get stuffed regardless if it will increase my bill by 10% or not!

dog-man

Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM

dog-man is on a distinguished road
I joined VF's forum and posted a question about this and looked for any answers this morning, only to find that my post has been deleted and my membership of that forum terminated.

There was no offensive language in my post. I just wanted answers.
One in particular was why did I have to stumble across this change to find out about it. Shouldn't have VF have written to me?

I have now emailed them demanding answers.

Looks like I will be terminating my contract as they are in breach of that contract and going back to O2.

It was the 'unlimited Internet' that attracted me to Vf when my contract at O2 was at an end.

dog-man

Old 12-05-2010, 11:11 AM

jamessmith01 is on a distinguished road
If they change your contract terms they are legally obliged to cancel the contract if you request it.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
damn, they did?

Shame on VF!

There used to be a couple of reps from VF that came on here... but not seen them for a long while.

Old 28-05-2010, 10:13 PM

HighlandMX5 is on a distinguished road
If I might politely redirect you to the Vodafone forum where these very matters are being discussed and mobile data users are expressing their outrage and discussing options.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/57...nternet-usage/

Currently Vodafone are trying to swing with the idea that they won't need to rewrite the terms and conditions because the original contract left them with enough loopholes to crawl through to do whatever they want. (The paraphrase is mine, but that, in a nutshell is what they are up to).

Logically you have had the option in the past to exceed the proposed limit primarily because there wasn't one. Whether you exceeded that non-existent limit in the past or not, the fact that in the future you could exceed the limit which is about to be introduced by using your handset in the way you choose to use it is a change in your terms and conditions as it will result in extra charges which you were not made aware of at the time that you started your contract. Therefore the terms and conditions of your contract have changed to your disadvantage, whether Vodafone say they have or whether they say they haven't.

Any contract which was sloppily worded enough to leave leeway for one party to gain financial advantage to the disadvantage of the other party is an "unfair contract". The law in relation to "unfair contract" is complicated but I don't rate Vodafone chances. Place your bets.

They are claiming to wish to prevent 'abuse' of their network, but somehow it looks more like they wish to prevent 'use' of their network other than on terms which are greatly to their advantage and greatly to the disadvantage of their mobile data customers.

It will also mean that they can nearly instantaneously free up their network from the risk of being overloaded so they can carry more customers contracts without having to upgrade their existing infrastructure and it will mean that mobile data users will need to not average more than 16 megabytes of data per day, per month or it will cost them deep in the purse.

What a fun time to be a Vodafone subscriber! (NOT)