All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 14-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

x6

Nokia nowdays do not seem to bothered about competing in the Best Camera mobile market,an the others are showing Nokia up,the N82 was a Brilliant camera mobile but they have failed with the N86 because they let this phone down using the N85 body an such weak speakers on it,the X6 is to Overpriced an does not deserve the price tag Nokia have put on it,an this will bring Nokia down again in the Sales Market,Nokia as got stop thinking because of there Good name with the Public they can release any mobile to out sell the others, but people nowdays are looking elsewere instead because the other companies are bring out much better mobiles than Nokia

Old 15-01-2010, 05:07 AM

raffmonster is on a distinguished road
X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
It would be true, though.
How would you rate the general durability of the X6. does it have the delicate,pliable 5530 like battery cover. I have seen the blue/red sidelining break and come off if the phone is dropped. Also the bottom physical keyboard becomes a nasty , oily mess if operated a little.

Edit: In the Edinburgh pic, there is fringing in the tree branches

It may be Carl Zeiss optics,but I think the lens is inferior than the N95

Last edited by raffmonster; 15-01-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Old 15-01-2010, 09:39 AM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffmonster View Post
How would you rate the general durability of the X6. does it have the delicate,pliable 5530 like battery cover. I have seen the blue/red sidelining break and come off if the phone is dropped. Also the bottom physical keyboard becomes a nasty , oily mess if operated a little.

Edit: In the Edinburgh pic, there is fringing in the tree branches

It may be Carl Zeiss optics,but I think the lens is inferior than the N95
Carl Zeiss optics. Don't Nokia mean "Carl Zeiss branded optics". Zeiss are not the biggest name in optics by a huge margin, but they have a fair mind share which is what influenced the usage of the brand.

Old 15-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Hardeep1singh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The people making these decisions are not the 0.001% of phone buyers obsessed with Xenon
There seems to be just one little 14 year old who hates Xenon so much that he makes it a point to jump into every xenon discussion and splatter it with stupidity all across, all this while he stays hidden behind the 'Unregistered' tag. Wake up and look at the number of comments here that support Xenon, look at the popularity of N82. People want Xenon in their cameraphones, it's proven to be better than LEDs and Nokia has till date received enough flak for not including it in their phones. That's a fact, deal with it.

Old 15-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardeep1singh View Post
There seems to be just one little 14 year old who hates Xenon so much that he makes it a point to jump into every xenon discussion and splatter it with stupidity all across, all this while he stays hidden behind the 'Unregistered' tag. Wake up and look at the number of comments here that support Xenon, look at the popularity of N82. People want Xenon in their cameraphones, it's proven to be better than LEDs and Nokia has till date received enough flak for not including it in their phones. That's a fact, deal with it.
Well said there.

The only real problem (at least in the UK) is that the N82 wasn't really promoted, and the networks didn't appear to like it.

If it was given as an option, people would go for it like a shot. Something that can take pictures of your friends being a complete idiot out at a nightclub (something that almost no phones can do with anything like detail), and then post direct up to facebook - that'd be hugely popular.

But of course Nokia really don't seem to have a clue about the direction they want to go with anything at the moment.

Still, not as bad as SE (and Samsung), who seem to be strangely backing Symbian, WM and Android. Covering all the bases, and not necessarily covering them well.

Old 15-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardeep1singh View Post
You are mistaking "spatter it with stupidity" with something you disagree with.

It makes no difference whether it is unregistered or not. You still don't know me if I use my full name.

Some people want Xenon, those people are particularly voracious and noisy and attracted to forums to bleat about it But there aren't that many people who are that bothered, it's not expected for them to post about it. I see the number of comments about Xenon. Maybe 10 or so people have mentioned it. What's the size of the smartphone market? Billions?

Don't tell me, tell Apple, HTC, Motorola. If it was so simple and such an advantage, they would do it. So why don't they? I can think of a single explanation, it's not so simple and such an advantage please a few potential buyers. I've given several other reasons tha Xenon is not used in these leading phones, but your only argument back is personal insults.

You don't like to hear it but you are a small minority. It's a niche requirement.

Old 15-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Oh, and for information I don't hate Xenon, I own a Satio. I am just trying to suggest some of the reasons why the leading phones don't use it. The fact that you can't handle it is not my problem.

Old 15-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Artz is on a distinguished road
It seems that X6 also suffers from a badly transparent plastic cover. Steve can you please try to remove the whole back cover and make a picture. Or better if you can make two same pictures, one with and one without the cover so we can see the difference.

Removing the cover from 5800 works wonders.

Old 15-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz View Post
It seems that X6 also suffers from a badly transparent plastic cover. Steve can you please try to remove the whole back cover and make a picture. Or better if you can make two same pictures, one with and one without the cover so we can see the difference.

Removing the cover from 5800 works wonders.
The back cover has a cutout for the lens, so it never leaves the camera housing.
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 15-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Artz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
The back cover has a cutout for the lens, so it never leaves the camera housing.
Yes, I see now.
That plastic is making pictures look blur and without contrast or good color. Really bad design. It makes a world of difference when you take out 5800 back cover and take a picture.

Old 15-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz View Post
Yes, I see now.
That plastic is making pictures look blur and without contrast or good color. Really bad design. It makes a world of difference when you take out 5800 back cover and take a picture.
The 5800 and X6 have different back designs. I never realised that the lens cover on the 5800 was actually part of the back - thats different to almost all other Symbian devices. The 5800 camera is also let down by the fact that its got a ridiculously small sensor.

The X6 is a different design - the lens/cover is actually built over the lens. Its no better (and effectively possibly worse) than the N95 (ie. no separate lens cover)

Old 20-01-2010, 07:09 PM

pjaysnowden is on a distinguished road
Steve, 640 by 360 is 16:9!
Not sure why Nokia call 640 by 352 16:9!

640 divided by 16 is 40
360 divided by 9 is 40!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

X useless DTMF dialer

I just bought myself a X6. One of the things one has to do with a new phone is make sure the voicemail settings are correct. Calling my voicemail nr and trying to enter the correct DTMF code for voicemailsettings is almost impossible on the X6. In fact it is so user unfriendly that I wonder if any of the developers has ever tried to do this on the X6. Even if they do not hav any friends that leave a message they would perhaps call the Ikea hotline to talk to a sweet voice girl. But also that is impossible.

I will explain what I mean.

First you dial the voicemail nr.... than you have to enter a digit to enter into the menu.

On the X6 you have to go to options...... scroll all the way down...... DTMF send... you get another menu on the X6 search or manual... select manual... enter the digit (ie3) and press enter... By that time the line has been cut because it took to long before you made a choice... Frustrating No just plain NOKIA making feel you made the wrong choice and should have stuck with Palm, Apple or even a Chinese Android phone.

This simple selection takes 6 actions while on any modern phone like iPhone, Palm Pre or Android this is as simple as only one action namely pressing the digit you want (in this case 3).

I really wonder what these developers were doing while they were making this User Interface, alcohol is populair in Finland. And if you're out of a job because you make lousy software you have more time for drinking..... Simple Nokia Logic I guess!-)

Old 24-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Nokia X6 for $350usd

Liberty Phones Limited. We are all kinds of mobile phones seller and we sell at cheap and affordable prices. all our products are brand new, and comes with all the complete accessories in the box, any interested person can contact us via email at: liberty.phones1@gmail.com

Nokia X6 for $350usd
Nokia X3 for $310usd
Nokia N900 for $380usd
HTC HD2 for $370usd
HTC Smart for $390usd
iPhone 3GS 32GB for $350usd
Google Nexus One for $330usd
Motorola MILESTONE for $340usd
Motorola BACKFLIP (Motus) for $380usd
Nokia N97 mini RAOUL for $420usd
Blackberry 9630 TOUR for $350usd
BlackBerry Storm2 9520 for $360usd
Samsung I8000 Omnia II for $320usd
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro for $370usd

IF INTERESTED CONTACT US EMAIL: liberty.phones1@gmail.com

We offer prompt shipping from our Store, The product will arrive at your destination within 2 or 3 Days Via UPS Courier Services.

THANKS.
Ads