All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 25-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

A flagship phone would need more than an 8MP camera. If needs to improve on: ARM 11 434 MHz processor, and the so-called 3d engine to add some snappiness.

Old 25-11-2009, 12:02 PM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Been the 1st X series phone and carrying decent specs, this can automatically qualify for a "X Series flagship" :P

Old 25-11-2009, 01:43 PM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A flagship phone would need more than an 8MP camera. If needs to improve on: ARM 11 434 MHz processor, and the so-called 3d engine to add some snappiness.
Why? The pixel count is (sadly) generally little more than a stupid pissing contest and has no direct bearing on image quality until you get onto the seriously high end SLRs.

Old 25-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonmult View Post
Why? The pixel count is (sadly) generally little more than a stupid pissing contest and has no direct bearing on image quality until you get onto the seriously high end SLRs.
To add some snappiness. To the response of the phone in general. I didn't mean for the camera.

Old 26-11-2009, 08:06 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
To high a price for what it is and at 35.00 Orange are having a laugh.

(I said this on the N97 mini thread, so at the risk of repeating myself). I have the Nokia 5530 which I bought for 129.00. So what am I getting extra from the X6 for the additional 320.00 cost , Other than being ripped off.
Presumably more memory, a capacitive screen, a higher build-quality etc. Whether it's worth the price difference is open to question, but for people who have the money and like the design/specification, it's presumably worth it; you clearly don't fall into that camp, which is fine, but just because it's more expensive does not make it a rip-off...

Old 27-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
To high a price for what it is and at 35.00 Orange are having a laugh.

(I said this on the N97 mini thread, so at the risk of repeating myself). I have the Nokia 5530 which I bought for 129.00. So what am I getting extra from the X6 for the additional 320.00 cost , Other than being ripped off.
That 5530 phone can now be had for 99 sim-free unlocked. I don't think the X6 will stay at that price for long, definitely worth holding off until Jan/Feb if you are thinking about having one.

The X6 adds RAM, 3.5G and capacitive plus a higher quality case design and 5MP camera, but packs the same CPU/internals. I don't think it represents good value at the release price and although I could easily afford to buy one, I object to just wasting cash.
Ads

Old 28-11-2009, 06:16 PM
ianmackay

Nokia X6

How much would people estimate the value of the music offering to be worth? If this is about 100 then the phone would be about 340.00.