All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-11-2009, 12:00 PM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Phone Still Crashing After Taking Calls...

Well, sad to say the major headache the phone was giving me on v12 is now back with a vengeance, and v20.

The phone crashes after taking phone calls. Had a few calls today, and after the most recent one, the phone just froze, showing half the home screen. No other key presses / button presses do anything. Had to re-boot it. (Boot it outta the window?)

Now one slight difference I have noticed.

The times when it didn’t crash, where when the phone had not had a chance to Autolock. So the caller’s name and number were displayed, with the choice of two buttons to press – Answer and Reject, so pressed answer, had the conversation and ended the call. The phone was fine.

The time it DID crash was when Autolock had kicked in, so the callers name and number were displayed, but this time with the options “ Slide to Answer “ ( left to right ) or “ Slide to Unlock”.

I pressed slide to answer. This seems to be the action that freezes the phone up. I remember it happening all those weeks ago when I ready to chuck it onto the sea.

It’s disappointing really, no other word for it. I've delibarately avoided loading up lots of apps on the phone and now I can only answer calls in a very prescriptive fashion, Otherwise it ‘goes west’.

Does pressing the ‘green button’ answer calls now without any major catastrophe?
RM-530
E72-1
Ads