All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Top Twitter Tips for smartphone users

With Twitter the latest buzzword that doesn't want to go away, how can you get started using Twitter on your mobile? Ewan explains in great detail for anyone who doesn't 'get' Twitter or know where to start. Tweeting can be fast, fun and (yes) it's free too.

Read on in the full article.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Nice post - could have done with that myself a month or so ago, but just about muddled through

Anyone doubting it should install Gravity - it really is a special piece of software and probably worth the 8 I would say.

One thing I'm having problems with: pasting links into Gravity tweets on the N97.

No pencil key and typing them long hand is looooong. . .

Until that situation is remedied I'm having to cart my N95 round with me as well!

Anyone found a solution?
Ads

Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

twitter

tweets60 is my favourite, as it is not only very functional... it's free! i've used gravity and twittix, and while they both have their benefits, free really can't be beat. ravensoft (makers of tweets60) also have a pretty active twitter where they directly interact with users and receive requests for features or bug reports.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

I still don't get it. I know what it is, but why would I want to do it? Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I have no idea why the makers of gravity didn't apply their talent to something useful.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Rita El Khoury

Quote:
One thing I'm having problems with: pasting links into Gravity tweets on the N97.

No pencil key and typing them long hand is looooong. . .

Until that situation is remedied I'm having to cart my N95 round with me as well!

Anyone found a solution?
The trick is to close the keypad. You will be taken into vertical mode in gravity, with the onscreen T9 keyboard. Tap the middle icon on the top row when the T9 keyboard is active and you'll get the whole Insert symbol / Predictive text / ... with the option to Paste if you already have something copied to the clipboard
It's a bit annoying, but well, as always with Symbian, everything has a workaround :p

Old 08-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Rita - you are a star!

Thank you!

And yes - it *is* very Symbian! Having just started playing Monkey Island *again* - it looks great on the N97 btw - I can see strong similarities between the two in terms of problem solving!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

http://developers.facebook.com/news....og=1&story=258

Twitter is someone trying to make a business out of Facebook's Live Stream. (Which can now be embedded - see post above).

But Facebook can't even make a business out of Facebook!

Since many more people are already on Facebook, who have tried and given up on Twitter (too demanding and inflexible), it's goodbye Twitter.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Remember Webvan?

Twitter makes Webvan look like a good idea.

It has to be the stoopidast idea ever.