All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2009, 09:43 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer iGO Stowaway BT Keyboards

If like me you have a Stowaway BT keyboard .. you will probably need to re-download/install the drivers (it doesn't seem that the N97 has them built in gee I wonder why!?)

http://corporate.igo.com/support/Dow...20OS9%20En.zip

After installation the Stwy should appear in Applications .. open it and enable BT .. then put the keyboard in discovery mode .. Ctrl and both Fn buttons .. stick in a pass-code on the phone .. type the same code on the keyboard and blue Fn + enter .. you should see it happily spring to life!

I'm happy to report that you can enjoy the full typing speed that this Keyboard will give you on the N97 .. I'm assuming it will work for 5800 & Omnia i8910 too.
Ads

Old 18-06-2009, 11:59 AM

PDADoc is on a distinguished road
I had installed the drivers on both my E75 and N97 but had never gotten around to pairing the keyboard up until right now.

Everything works just fine; thanks for the tip!

Golf season is here! The only sport where athletes (if you want to call them that) actually earn their money instead of getting it regardless of whether they actually perform!

Old 26-11-2009, 01:36 AM

mibstewart is on a distinguished road
Hi

While I've been able to use my bluetooth keyboard with the n97, one feature that I haven't been able to replicate is to use the keyboard just by opening it and pressing a key.

The N97 picks up the bluetooth signal and, if I have 'Notify' or 'Unauthorized' set, will ask if I want to Accept the Connection, but to get it to respond or use the keyboard beyond that, I have to go into the wireless keyboard app and rediscover the keyboard.

It's a niggling problem and it works well after I rediscover it but it would be good if I could just open the keyboard, hit a key and start using it like I was able with the N95. It becomes a real nuisance if the keyboard goes into standby and I have to rediscover it all over again.

Has anyone else had the same problem?