All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Google Calendar and Nokia N95 classic

Hi all,
i currently use OVI and am very pleased with the ability to "manage" my phone online from anywhere. But i need a 4 weekly option, which Ovi doesn't seem to have, whilst Google Calendar does.

What i'm looking for now is a way to get google calendar syncing nicely with my N95, i have heard of a program called goosync, but don't really want to pay for the advanced features.

At the moment i seem to be doing this the long way round, enter stuff into google, sync with Vista Calendar, then sync with phone, then sync with Ovi !!!

I have searched the forums, but all the results seem to be quite old, so i was wondering if this has been advanced yet?

Ideally i want my desktop, laptop, and N95 to all be synced together, easily.

Any suggestions?
Ads

Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 PM

Smartpod is on a distinguished road
This may not be of any help to you if you don't have microsoft outlook but I synchronise my Desktop calendar at work, laptop outlook calendar and my N95 8GB calendar using the google Calendar sync (free) and Nokia pc sync.

The google sync is installed on both pc's and syncs the Outlook calendar with google calendar at predetermined intervals. I've set it to 1 1/2hrs but you can manually sync it after updating your calendar.

I use the Nokia pc sync to sync my outlook calendar on my laptop with my phone.

This works great I have 3 calendars in sync plus I sometimes use Thunderbird with the lightning calendar and it is sync as well

Ronnie

Old 15-03-2009, 11:07 AM

Columbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboat View Post
Any suggestions?
I haven't tried it, but maybe CalSyncS60 will work for you

http://s60addons.com/calsync/

Old 19-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Froil is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up The easiest solution

The easiest solution is probably found here: http://www.syncme.se/. It's very easy to use and their free service has very few limitations compared to e.g. GooSync.