All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
DChoc Cafe Solitaire 12 Pack out now on N-Gage

The card game DChoc Cafe Solitaire 12 Pack is now available on the N-Gage platform. You can download it by going to the application's showroom section, then selecting "Options" and "Update Now". Alternatively you may want to try out the unofficial games Astraware Solitaire or some of the other card and board games available for N-Gage-compatible devices.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

As Ccraig commented in a previous thread, this game weirdly uses a totally different online community for its multiplayer.

That's great in the sense that it already has lots of people to interact with from other platforms, but it's a disappointment that they didn't use Arena for at least some of this interaction.

Old 21-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Bonobo

God, frustration is waning into boredom with N-Gage now. Used to dream about a thriving online community with every man & his dog playing everywhere in the world...
And now Solitaire peels off the walls..
Remember the 'Glory Days' when N-Gage2 launched & all that mattered was getting on the leaderboard of System Rush. I hope 'One' ignites the same intrigue when it's released, & i hope Firemints' excellent looking 'Real Racing' gets published on N-Gage. Looking forward to phase 2 of N-gage as things for me, sadly, feel like they're fizzling out a bit.
Ads

Old 21-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Remember the 'Glory Days' when N-Gage2 launched & all that mattered was getting on the leaderboard of System Rush.
What about Reset Generation? Creatures Of The Deep? Bounce? Star Wars? Pro Series Golf?

There have been some darn good games so far, much better than the original gen had at this stage in its lifetime. Give N-Gage a chance to get embedded out of the box on S60 phones (which has only just started) and we should see some interesting things happen.

Old 22-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Bonobo

Yep great games & i bought them all, only they lasted all of one day b4 completion (with the exception of the wonderful COTD of course!), and climbing leaderboards doesnt rly tickle my trussucks. System Rush got me excited with its (relatively) engaging head-to-head component & am looking forward to more of that. Hopefully all the things Nokia promised such as real-time head to heads, voice chat, bigger, broader, deeper games, & use of graphics acceleration & accelerometers will come into play soon & make the platform really special. Like u say it's early days now so patience is key!

Old 22-10-2008, 12:42 PM

MD90 is on a distinguished road
I hope we don't have to wait one more month to get the next game.
I was waiting for the sudoku game but it looks nice too. I'm waiting for your review tzer2.